Chapter 3

Neveah Russo

As I fluttered my eyes open, memories of the accident came rushing through. I don't know why I thought driving when I wasn't in a good head space was okay. All I could think of when my eyes became blurry was Ace and how I would do anything to see him again. I tried moving but my hands were cuffed to the bed. "Fucking piece of shit." I shouted pulling the restraints but it was of no use.

"Careful there princess, you'll hurt yourself more than you already have." I heard a familiar voice and when I turned I saw Ace with arms in his pocket by the doorway and a devilish grin.

"What am I doing here?," I asked.

"You tell me, you're the one who collided head on with my car." He said stepping further into the room. He sat down with legs opened wide on the couch just in front of me, eyes never leaving my own.

"Let.me.go", I said emphasising every word to make it clear.

"I'm afraid you can't, Neveah Russo." He said pulling out a cigarette which he lit up and soon the room was filled with smoke.

"I don't know what you're talking about okay?, My name is Neveah Carter." I lied with ease but by the look on his face, he wasn't playing games and taking my bullshit but I wasn't going to back down so easily without putting on a good fight.

"Princessa there's nothing I hate more than people who lie and you don't want to find out what I do to them either," he said in a more serious tone.

"Okay fine my name is Neveah Russo." I  said accepting defeat.

"Tell me about your father." He said leaning back in his seat.

"Well he's leader of the American Mafia which I recently found out when he asked me to help take you down." I said truthfully. By telling Ace all this, I had nothing to lose or gain.

"What makes him think YOU can take me down?" He asked and I shrugged.

"He simply said I was the only one capable and proceeded to show me a file with everything on you as well as your Mafia."

"Well if you want to get out of here alive you have to go get that file as soon as possible otherwise I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I can't go back there, the reason I left in the first place was so that I don't get involved in this shady business and now you want to drag me back there?" I shouted.

"I wasn't asking you, was I princess?" He said.

"No but if I'm going to risk my life for this I need a reward and I don't mean staying alive, I want something else in addition to that."

"Name your price," He said.

"I want information on who killed my mother." I said.

"That'll be arranged accordingly, I'll be seeing you Neveah Russo." He said getting up and as a gesture of 'goodbye', he gave me a curt nod.

I didn't believe a single thing that came out of my dad's mouth or rather sperm donor so I wanted to find out the truth myself even if it meant working with Ace Mernandez who is known for his ruthless and cruel ways but if you ask me he's better than my father in more ways than one.

A few minutes later, a bald buff man came and removed the cuffs before handing me a bag with all the things I needed.

................

Ace had taken it upon himself to get the car fixed so that the plan could work without raising any suscptions.

As I pulled into the driveway my father was already waiting for me on the front door with a belt in his hand. I got out of the car and tried getting into the house through the back door but two of his guards caught me and pulled me to the front door.

"Neveah I was worried sick about you  where were you," my dad asked with an angry tone and it pissed me off.

"You're grounded and I don't ever want to see you in one of my cars." He shouted for no fucking reason and I was this close to losing my temper.

"Excuse you I will not listen to a man who left me and who didn't raise me okay you can boss your new family around and tell them what to do because you raised them but you can't do that to me you barely even know me okay?," I  said.

As soon as the belt made contact with my skin, I screamed in pain but he did not stop instead he made it even worser. "Go to your fucking room right now otherwise I swear to God, I'll kill you."

I ran up to my room and started crying my eyes out. I don't know who that fucking man is but he certainly isn't my father. One way or another I was going to make him pay for all the hurt he has caused me and still causes.

Instead of crying myself to sleep I came up with a plan on how to take the file from his office. I will hack into the security cameras that are in his office and turn them off for at least 5 minutes which is enough time for me to get the file.

My plan only has one problem which is I can't get out of my room because of the guards that are outside my room making sure I don't get out. I have two options which are either to knock them out or kill them but if I kill them my father will just add more security measures.

All I need is a distraction like fire so I will use my lighter to start a fire in my room and while they are putting it out I will just slip out.

********

I woke up and went to bath for like 10 minutes.Whilst I was bathing I vomited even though I didn't eat anything but with all the stress I have it must be because of that .After I was done bathing I wore a black sweatshirt and white shorts with white air forces. For my hair I just did a messy bun.

I took the lighter and lit it on the bed so it would quickly burn. I couldn't leave the lighter in the room so I grabbed it and my burner phone which was in the bag Ace handed to me. I screamed and the guards quickly barged in, how stupid of them.

I took the opportunity and got out of the room. They were guards outside my dad's office and I told them about the situation and they quickly ran upstairs.

The cameras were off so I searched in every drawer until I found the file and hid it under my sports bra. I got out of the office unnoticed until I bumped into something hard. I looked up and saw a guy with brown hair, blue eyes and seemed to be in his early 20s close to my age.

"I am so sorry I should really watch where I'm going sometimes," I said backing away from him to create some distance.

"-You must be Noah, I'm Neveah." I said. On the frame in my dad's office were names of his kids who so happen to be my half siblings by default.

"The one and only but aren't you supposed to be in your room?," he asked.

"I would if it wasn't on fire right now."

"Sorry about that but if you need anything at all just feel free to ask," he said.

"Actually where's your father, I've made my decision and I would like to help where I can."

"Oh don't worry I was about to go there myself, I'll be your trainer." He said leading the way and I followed behind him.

A/N

Your thoughts so far???

Don't forget to vote,follow and comment