The Truth Hurts

-----✪-----

-----✪-----

As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."― Marilyn Monroe
Just wanted to keep that here :)

You had been staring at each other for a while, waiting for him to speak. You kept playing with his beard still before seeing his lips move, now having to use your ears to listen. "I will never be able to forgive myself for leaving you the way I did. Crying, lost, looking a little like a deer caught in the headlights, and I just left you there. I left you to walk home on your on crying and most importantly....I left you to hurt but I have my reason for that" It was silent for a moment. He let you process what he said before carrying on. "Maria isn't your real mother"

You stared at him in shock. If she wasn't your mother then who the fuck was she. Was that what that weird feeling in your belly was telling you the night you first laid your eyes on her?

"She is Chris Hemsworth mother but not yours. Your mother's name is Pepper. Maria wasn't the only person who cheated. Tony did as well which ended up with Pepper being pregnant with you and that's why Maria is such a brat with you. Tony knew that Maria had been cheating on him for a long time but never knew who it was with, till Chris Evans came to him which you already know what happened so he decided to get payback and cheat too. I only found this out when I went to your fathers to help him and Maria as I heard your father talking to Maria about it"

You were way too shocked to even move your lips to speak. If you tried to speak, nothing would come out. Your throat was dry and you felt like the world hated you so much. "But that's not the point...Elizabeth came to my office the same day and blackmailed me with something I have kept secret for a long time. She told me that I had to break up with you or she tells you which would put you in danger. I couldn't risk getting you hurt and I'm so sorry for putting you through this"

"I can't forgive you" You blurted out, shocking him. "You have made me suffer for months and now all of a sudden you decide to tell me?! You're 38 for fuck sake and you're letting an 18 year old blackmail you. That is so stupid" You stud up, sorting your dress out. You walked to the door, facing him. "I could never hurt you sweetheart" You mocked him. He had said them words to you a while back. You walked out and went back to where the party was now lively. Lots of dancing and singing.

You wanted him badly. You craved his cuddles and kisses all the time but you couldn't let him get away with something like that. You needed to drink before having a conversation with Tony about your actual mother. "I would like to make a toast" Maria announced on a mic. Everyone looked at her like she was a god but you just carried on drinking. "I would like to say happy birthday to the love of my life, Tony. I'm so thankful to be with the man who gave me my son and daugh-"