52 Pickup

It was finally Saturday, I got to sleep in! Or so I thought. I was sleeping peacefully when I felt someone shaking me.

"Hey, wake up, man," Dally said. I opened my eyes and shot him an annoyed look, before seeing it was only 9 o'clock.

"What?! What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," he laughed.

"Wow, Dallas, you are just so funny," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, no need to be so rude"

"Was there a point to you waking me up so early on a Saturday or do you just like seeing me upset?"

"We're going out"

"No," I rolled over and closed my eyes once again.

"No? Last time I checked you were the one who dumped water all over me, little lady."

"It was well deserved," I mumbled, turning back around to face him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Dallas, I shouldn't have done that. It was very mean," he said talking with one hand and raising his pitch to mock my voice.

"It's okay, man. Don't worry about it," he said, deepening his voice, lower than normal and talking with the other hand.

"You do realize if you're mocking yourself, you could just use your real voice, right?" 

"Shut up, wise ass. You've got 15 minutes," he said before exiting the room.

I groaned and rolled out of bed. The first thing I did was pick out an outfit. I walked into the bathroom, had a shower, changed and brushed my teeth and hair. I didn't bother putting much make-up on, just some mascara. I walked back downstairs, but before I had the chance to say anything, Dally had already picked up his coat and was halfway out the door. I followed as we began walking.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The Dingo," he replied.

I chose not to ask any more questions just yet and we kept walking in comfortable silence. We got a small booth on the left side of the diner, by a window. The right side of the diner was more for socs, I had learnt, but, it wasn't nearly as full as our side. We ordered breakfast, which took a while considering the heavy flirting between Dally and the waitress.

"What'd you actually bring me here for, Dal?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I can't spend time with my own sister now?"

"I didn't say that. This is just, I don't know, kinda out of the ordinary for you"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're just not a very, uhh, caring person"

"I just felt like doing something with you, man, like we did in New York," he said, sort of whispering.

"Alright, then. What else are we doing today?" I smiled.

"I don't know"

"HA!" I laughed, giggling some more at his response.

The waitress finally brought us our food and, once again, started flirting with Dally. This time I didn't mind, though, since I had my food. I had ordered a waffle and a chocolate milkshake. Eventually, the waitress walked away, leaving Dallas and me alone again.

"Why don't you just give her your number already?" I asked.

"I just wanna get laid, man," he smirked

"Eh, fair enough," I shrugged

We finished our breakfast, paid, and left. We started walking around town, but I didn't bother to ask where we were going. We turned into an alley next to some old buildings that led to a small grass field. On the field were a group of kids. Dally stopped abruptly, causing me to walk into his arm, considering I had been falling behind.