New Home

The next morning I was awoken by Dallas harshly shaking me. He had spent the night in my room because apparently Buck, the owner of the bar, was throwing a party and he wasn't in the mood for one.

"Hey. Wake up, kid," he whispered, still shaking me.

"What? What is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes before opening them.

"It's 11 in the morning," he answered

"Okay?" I groaned, rolling over.

"Come on, I'm taking you to the Curtis house. I don't want you staying in this shitty motel any longer, man. I think I saw a rat in the bathroom." he said, looking over his shoulder, towards the bathroom.

"Oh yeah, that's just Gilbert." I giggled, turning back around to face him.

He looked at me like I was crazy causing me to laugh.

"I'm joking. Let me just get ready." I said, before getting out of bed.

-

"I'm ready," I stated, picking up my backpack with all my belongings and throwing it over my shoulder.

"Let's get outta here, man," Dallas said, already halfway out the door.

The walk there consisted of some small talk but nothing important. When we got to the Curtis house I knocked on the door. Dally looked at me confused before opening the door himself and walking in. I followed and was greeted by an excited Ponyboy.

"Hey Y/N, come, follow me. I'll take you to your room," he said quickly.

I nodded and followed him into a room with blue walls and a bookshelf piled with books. There was also a desk and a nice twin bed, but besides that, the room was empty.

"Hey, Ponyboy, whose room was this?" I asked.

"Oh, it used to be mine, but ever since my parents died, I've been staying with Soda," he answered.

"Cool. Wait, wait, not cool. That's not cool. It's not cool at all, obviously, it's not cool. I- I meant uhhh cool... old room. Thanks for letting me stay here and if you ever need your room back just tell me." I sputtered, scratching the back of my neck.

Idiot, I thought to myself

"It's fine, and no problem. We're gonna be in the living room and Darry will be back from work soon," he answered, giggling lightly.

He left the room, and I began to settle in. I took my clothes out, folded them again, and put them away. I hid the cash I had taken from my dad under all of them and made sure it was totally concealed. I looked around the room and walked over to the bookshelf, grazing them before picking one out. I sat on the bed and read until I heard someone at my door.

"Hey kiddo, I see you're already settling in. I hope this room is okay, I know it's not much," Darry said, leaning against my door frame.

"It's perfect, thanks for letting me stay here," I answered

"It's not a problem. Listen, I was thinking of going down to the school and getting you enrolled. I've already got the papers," he continued.

I felt my eyes bulge at the memories of my last school, but agreed. I followed him to the table and we filled the forms out together. He then left again, to get pizza and hand in the forms. I sat on the sofa with Two-Bit and began to talk to him. He was a really funny guy and he seemed to like me, too. Soon enough, Darry was back and we all sat around to eat the pizza.

"So, Y/N, do you have any stories about little Dally?" Two questioned, stifling laughter.

Dally glared at him and then glared at me.

"Y/N," Dally warned. 

I wore an evil smirk before speaking.

"When Dally was like 11 he had really long hair and if he hadn't had such a bad reputation people probably would've mistaken him for a girl," I said smiling.

Dally's mouth dropped open and he looked like he wanted to strangle me. The rest of the gang was giggling like crazy, trying to stifle it so Dally wouldn't kill them.

"Oh yeah, well, one time she begged me to take her to a party and some buff guy started hitting on her, and she got so scared she cried," he said.

Now my mouth was open but I was still giggling. This went on for a while. Dally had just pulled out his most embarrassing story of me and the gang was doubled over in laughter. The thing is, my most embarrassing story of him is far worse than his most embarrassing story of me. That was my time to shine. I looked over at him and smirked.

"When Dally was 14, he had snuck into our apartment. It was when I was supposed to be in school and when our dad was at work. He was in the bathroom and I had come home from school early. I didn't know he was there, so I opened the bathroom door, right? And Dally got so scared cause he thought it was our father that he pissed all over the floor!" I yelled, almost not being able to finish the story.

Dally looked at me and started laughing even harder. Two-Bit and Steve were both crying of laughter and Pony looked like he was about to pass out from laughing so hard.

"And- and when he came back out I started laughing really hard and he got so defensive." I finished.

Some of the gang started to mock Dally when he gets defensive since it happens so easily. This led to an even harder laughing fit

"I don't sound like that," he said rolling his eyes. Again, he started getting really defensive causing all of us to start laughing even more. Dally eventually joined in.

At around midnight, the rest of the gang had already left. Darry had informed me that I would be starting school in the morning. I was scared but I also wondered if Cherry would be there. Maybe I would get the chance to talk to her, I thought. After that, we all went to get some rest.