𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

Just imagining what more could King Alpha do with his fangs made me want to crawl up the vent and hide in there forever. He wasn't even trying to be harsh or forceful and still, his fangs left a big chunk of my neck open.

That dog had bitten me!

Not sure if I should get an injection or get a doctor to check me up. Were his fangs even clean and sanitized?

I headed straight to his bathroom, grabbed a towel placed near the sink and wet it. Gently, I cleaned the blood and my open wound, trying not to scream or pass out from the unbearable pain. I didn't know what to do with it. Bandage it up or leave it open?

I'm gonna kill him.

I stripped off the bloody clothes from my body and changed into new pair of sweats and a T-shirt from King Alpha's closet. I knew how much of a neat freak King Alpha is looking at his pristine and polished room. So to irk him, I scattered the previous bloody clothes on his white desk. And even messed up his room by throwing his sheets and pillows all around the floor.

I could go all evil and empty his closet too. That would get him raging but then I realized, he would probably throttle me on the spot.

I poked my head out the door, looking both ways into the long hallway. I remember the way from where Katia had taken me out. I could escape again but something held me back from doing so. 

I have a brother to save and a king's secrets to find. Not sure how I'm gonna do any of those but thankfully, I'm not dead yet. 

Yay to me!

I crept on the hallways, observing and listening to everything my eyes met, and ears heard. It's crazy how I thought I would be stuck forever in my last year of high school complaining about homework issues and how I don't have a date to prom. Now I'm swirled in between werewolves and witches with my life in the hands of a psychotic King Alpha.

I didn't plan to escape. At least not for now. I intend to stay and find out where my brother is, what King Alpha is hiding and why the witches hate the werewolves so much.

I passed along the hallways, feeling the same energy pulsing through my veins jittering me from all over to take off in a run. I forced myself to remain calm. I might as well run into a wall and might even break it.

A scent wafted in the air, making my stomach growl, reminding me it's been hours since I last ate. I followed the scent which led me to a huge kitchen. A long black marble counter lined in between, with cabinets after cabinets beside its walls. The kitchen was huge enough to fill my living room twice its size this big.

A pot lay on the gas stove with the flame on. I walked over to it to see some kind of soup boiling. The pot was huge too as if whoever was making this was making it to feed at least 50 people.

I wasn't a big fan of soups especially if it's in green colour. Instead, I started opening cabinets hoping to find something much more appetizing. The cabinets were filled with expensive-looking glass plates, utensils, and crockery. But no food.

I opened every one of them, forgetting for a moment that I was raiding someone else's kitchen. When my hands finally found the cabinet which opened to a pantry, I didn't waste a second grabbing a packet of chips and tearing it open.

I stood there for a while, eating a few of these crunchy and munchy delights. The sound of chips crunching between my teeth was loud.

When I had a few bites, I turned around, ready to leave.

My eyes paused, startled, on a burly bulky muscular chest. My eyes trailed up, looking at a man with beautiful blue eyes and golden-brown hair. I immediately felt like I knew him- but at the same time, I didn't know him at all. A lazy amused smirk plastered his face as his eyes slowly raked me. Muscles filled like rocks under his dress shirt.