3

Penelope Jackson had never wanted to cry more than at that moment.

It was a bitter-sweet moment really.

Her mother and twin brother were joking around and laughing as they laid on the benches in front of a cabin near the shore. Penelope was relieved to know that her family members were nowhere near danger and were all happy. However, the little girl could not hide the fact that she was hurt to the core. Her heart was breaking the longer she stood there, observing the two figures who looked like they had the most fun at the moment.

The little girl felt like she did not belong there, she felt like she would interrupt the happy moment and that she was definitely not going to be welcomed if the two spotted her. So, with a bitter smile, she turned and walked away.

Penelope did not know what should she do now.

Were her mother and brother really not going to contact her after five weeks?

Now where would I live, then?

Should she go back to her small yet cozy apartment? Should she move out?

What should she do?

Confused and bitter, Penelope did not realize that she somehow managed to stumble across an alley as she leant herself against a wall.

The little girl crouched down as she let her tears out. Penelope wanted to cry as hard as she wanted to laugh. Memories of her past life where she would run away and leave others behind came rushing towards her almost like they were mocking her.

Penelope Jackson had come to a conclusion that her own mother had abandoned her.

Karma is a bitch, confirmed.

Parents are bitches, double confirmed.

Why am I even here? What am I supposed to do here? If it's only for confirming that even parents on books are bitches then I'm done.

It was almost surreal. The hatred she felt towards her parents both on her former life as well as on this current one was heightened. Penelope knew for sure then that she better got a grip on herself because there was no one to depend on. In this life, she was no longer the multi-billionaire she was, she did not have endless money, she was just a small toddler named Penelope Jackson.

The little girl slapped her cheeks twice after she wiped her tears away. "You've cried your feelings out, now you better get a grip! You are a twenty-five years old soul. Don't whine like an immature child, you are better than this."

Adjusting her bag's straps, Penelope began her journey back home. It had been half way through her journey that a trouble came. Right, we are in Percy Jackson. There is no way there is no trouble. Penelope rolled her eyes, annoyed, pissed, and bitter as she watched two scary looking men smirking as they were standing in front of her.

"Hey kid, I have a candy in my car, want to follow me?" The bald man with a scar across his cheek asked as he smirked. His arrogant was pissing her off as she discreetly felt the outline of her gun on her hip.

"Thank you, but I need to go home." Penelope sent out an innocent smile as she tried to step aside to get out from the alley. Key word: tried. The little girl knew that these two pedophiles were not going to just let her go that easily. She almost wanted to curse them out and killed them on the spot as the men were chuckling at her failed attempt to run away.

"Well, you better come with us or we'll kill you." The bald man said once again, but this time, he brought out a knife from his back pocket. Penelope almost wanted to laugh if she was not as pissed as she was at the moment. Alright, it's time to run, Pennie.