Chapter Twenty-Eight: Promise?

As the weeks passed Clarke was more than ever sure what she wanted. And she wanted Lexa woods. Fuck Bellamy Blake, he was meant to be a distraction, something to get her head off one certain brunette.

     She would see when Lexa would glance her way. She would look into her deep emerald eyes for the split second their last eyes locked, before Lexa turned away.

     She didn't want Lexa to turn away.

     In the night when Clarke laid awake, she would often let her mind wonder. She imagined what could of been, what could be.

    The thought hit her in a flash, Lexa wanted her at one point. There was still hope...

***

     Bellamy met Clarke with a smile in the cafeteria the next morning. His arm wrapping around her waist like it usually does.

     "Listen bell, we need to talk." She couldn't keep the act up any longer.

     "What's up?" He asked. Looking cornered, pulling her closer. She moved away.

     "Alone." Bellamy took her hand taking her away from the busy cafeteria. He pulled her into and empty classroom.

      "Clark, talk to me."

     "Whatever is happening between us, it's done." Clarke said, no hint of sadness in her voice.

     "What?"

     "We're done." Clarke repeated.

      "Why?" Bellamy asked, on the brink of tears. Clarke didn't answer. "Why Clarke?! Is there someone else.

     "Goodbye Bellamy." Clarke left the classroom, not looking back. She had a girl to win over.

***

      The next morning Clarke found herself in the showers, listening to the familiar tune of "under the sea."

     Clarke finished up, stepping out of the shower. Lexa woods doing the same thing across the way. They moved on in silence. Each of them dressing avoiding each other's eyes.

    Clarke walked out first, waiting by the Elevator she knew Lexa would take.

      Clarke watched as she saw Lexa turn the corner, their eyes locking. It was a challenge, a challenge to turn back. Lexa didn't like to lose. She step forward waiting for the elevator door to open.

     Both watched as the door opened a group of chatty girls moving past them. Lexa stepped in first, followed by Clarke. The ride was silent, the doors to the next floor opened, Clarke stopped them.

     She was quick to pin Lexa against the wall, her lips a moment away. Lexa was shocked, whatever she was expecting wasn't this.

     Lexa looked at Clarke's lips, they were right there, begging to be kissed.

     "No." Clarke said.

     "No what?" Lexa asked, generally confused.

     "No, you don't get to pick. Not for me anyways." Clarke let it out, stepping back. "I want this. I want you. It took me a long time to realize that and I don't want to go back, not anymore. So Lexa, let me pick for myself if I can handle it or not."

     "Clarke.... What about Bellamy?" Lexa took a step closer.

     "He wasn't anything to me, just something to get my mind of you. Clearly it didn't work."

     "I don't want you to get hurt." Lexa pleaded.

     "I've been hurt enough in this life, one more wouldn't change anything." Lexa's heart broke for Clarke.

     "Clarke, bad things happened to people who love me...."

     "And I'm willing to take that risk, let me love you Lexa, I'm sick of the games, i'm sick of it all. Lets just be."

     "Clarke...." Lexa said, hesitantly. Before she could say anything else, she felt lips on hers. Heat against her body. Clarke was kissing her. And god did it feel right. So god damn right.

     Lexa pulled back first, desperate for air.

     "Okay." Lexa finally said.

     "Okay what?" Clarke asked, hoping this would go where she wanted.

     "Let's go for it." Lexa smiled, Clarke did to. They wrapped there arms around each other. Foreheads resting foreheads. They stood silent for a minute.

     "Lexa?"

     "Yes Clarke."

     "Promise you won't leave this time?"

     "I promise."

————————————————————————

     {A/N}- I'm alive!!! But this is the last chapter, I know, I know. But I'm going back to school for the first time in a while and I'm afraid I won't have time. I did my best to leave it so I could post if I felt like writing, but here we are. Hope you enjoyed.