Chapter Eighteen: Waves

The waves crashed against the sore, the sun bright overhead. The warm sand between each of the girls toes as the walked towards the dock. It was a beautiful day, most likely one of the last they would get. And they were certainly going to enjoy it.

"LINCOLN!!" Octavia sprinted off towards Lincoln at the end of the dock. Once she reached him, he engulfed her in a big hug. Clarke and Raven walked up a minute later.

"Hey guys," Lincoln said. climbing into the boat. Once he was in he offered his hand to Octavia helping her in.

     "Hey,"Clarke and raven followed.

      "Lincoln, how much to drive?" Raven asked. Lincoln chuckled, this boat was a family boat and if he put a dent in it he would be screwed.

     "No way Reyes."

     "Come on!" Raven begged, she wanted to drive.

     "Not gonna happen." Lincoln wouldn't give in.

     "Fine." Raven rolled her eyes taking a seat.

      "Here." Lincoln handed everyone a life jacket. "Boat rule." The girls each put on, not bothering to buckle any of the straps. Lincoln slowly started the boat, taking a nice slow speed out towards the water. "One we get out there I got a tube we can hook up."

     "Sweet!" Raven was exited now. Octavia stood up moving towards the radio and turning it on to a proper channel, cranking up the volume. The song playing happened to be driver's license. The girls looked at each other knowing what would happen next.

     "And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one," Lincoln was going to go deaf at this point. "And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone. Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street." The girls were still singing, Octavia looking at Lincoln begging him to join, he couldn't say no.

     "And all my friends are tired
Of hearing how much I miss you, but
I kinda feel sorry for them." The girls were surprised how good Lincoln was to singing.
"'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do, yeah
Today I drove through the suburbs
And pictured I was driving home to you." They laughed, as Lincoln sped the boat up, singing his heart out just like the rest.

     After the song was over and the boat was at a far enough out, Lincoln pulled out the tube. "Who's first?"

     "ME!" Raven was jumping up and down, a danger to the boat at this point.

     "Okay, buckle up your life jacket and get on." Raven did as instructed, jumping off the point into the cold water.

     "Holy fuck, that's freezing!"

     "Raven! Language." O shouted. Which got an eye role in response. Raven climbed onto the tub and Lincoln pushed it out.

     "Hold tight Reyes!" He shouted, the boat was kicked to full sped in an instant. A look of fear crossed over Ravens face and she held tight to the rope as the tub bounced over the waves. She wasn't going to last. The tub crashed into another wave, raven slipping a little. Lincoln sped the boat up faster, he wanted to see raven fall. One more wave, the tip bounced off it, getting a few feet of air and raven slipped. The group bursted into a fit of laughter, circling back to get raven.

Clarke was next, who held longer than raven, but not by much.  She was then Followed by Octavia and they all know Lincoln went slow, taking it easy on her.

Lincoln reached his hand down to help Octavia back in the boat. "Got out with me?" He asked. Octavia fell back in the water filled with shocked. Clarke and Raven knew it was coming. "Is that a yes?"

Lincoln helped O back in the boat still waiting for his answer, Octavia still seemed to be in shock. "O?" Lincoln waved a hand in front of her face.

"Yes." Lincoln looked like he was about to die, Raven and Clarke screamed in joy for their friends.

***

Raven and Octavia had passed out as son as they got back to the apartment.Which Clarke had no idea how. She decide to go out, sending at text to their group chat telling them she'd be back later. Though she knew they probably wouldn't see it.

Clarke really had no idea where she was going. A left turn here, a right turn there. She grabbed a sandwich from a grocery store before taking a few more turns and ending up at the ocean. It was a different beach than the on the were at earlier. It was calm and quite. She was alone there. There was a small dock that Clarke had taken a seat at the edge, her feet dangling over.

She unwrapped her sandwich, taking a bite and enjoying the silence. She heard a twig snap, and immediately turned her head. She was stunned to see green eyes staring back to her. "Have you been following me?" Clarke asked.

"Well considering I've been going here since I've been sent off to this school, no. It would seem you are following me though." Lexa answered.

"Whatever." Clarke turned back to the water. Lexa slipped off her shoes, taking a seat next to Clarke, feet dipping into the water. "What are you doing."

"What I came here to do."

"Which is?"

"Sit." Clarke didn't respond but stood up. "And what are you doing?" Lexa asked.

"Leaving." Clarke didn't want to deal with her. She learned a lot about herself this morning, and all she wanted to do was never see Lexa again. She didn't need this in her life.

"Clarke..." Clarke would never admit it to herself but she loved the way her name rolled off Lexa's tongue.

     "Don't."