Chapter Seventeen: Fake Relief

Clarke grounded, the sun bearing down on her. Raven smushing her towards the edge of the bed. She picked up her phone, it was 8am on Saturday morning. The day after Clarke beat up Luna. To be far, she definitely deserved it.

Clarke winced as she tried using her knuckles to push her up, they were purple and definitely would be the starter of any conversation. Bellamy didn't show up last night so Octavia let raven and her crash in the spare bed. Octavia liked her beauty sleep and she wasn't gonna let either one of them mess it up. Clarke was perfectly fine with it.

     After a successful attempt of getting out of bed she grabbed a pair of fresh clothes before heading to the shower. It was felt different not hearing Disney music playing, it was odd. Clarke quickly finished showering, raven and O were still passed, it was about 6:30 and Portland and Clarke knew none of her friends would be up. Possibly Murphy would, and she could sure use a talk with him. Clarke dialed the number hearing it ring a few times before she heard the familiar voice.

"Hey Clarke?" The voice had definitely been up for a little.

"Hey Murphy, surprised you answered."

"Had to get an early start this morning. Work." Clarke never asked about what Murphy does, she knew it danced back and forth across the line of illegal activity, or that's what she guessed.

"Ah okay."

"Let's talk about you! You finished a whole week of school there, but you do sound a little off, everything okay?"

"Well considering I did beat up a girl yesterday not so much."

"CLARKE! Wait, it must have been bad, what's she do?"

"She said some things about my mom."

"That fucking bitch! Did you get her good?"

"Yeah, she was bleeding , definitely gonna have a black eye too."

"Good. Other than that how's school been?"

"It's been okay, not horrible."

"That's great kid. Listen I gotta let you go, Text me when you get back to that fancy ass school."

"I will, bye." Clarke had so much more she wanted to say, about Lexa, about her thoughts, she knew Murphy would have the answer.

"Goodbye Clarke." The line went dead and Clarke was alone with her thoughts. She let her brain was run, she was going to find the right conclusion. She went through her thought process.

1. Lexa woods was attractive
2. It wasn't a sexual attraction
3. It couldn't be
4. It would be boys she looked at when she did, not girls
5. She couldn't like girls

This left her with one final conclusion. It was obvious, she was just fucking with her own head, this was what only could be true.

6. Clarke Griffin was not gay.

Clarke was sure she would feel a wave of relief wash over her, but there wasn't. It was just still. She could feel this pounding on the door deep deep down. It was screaming, Clarke ignored it. She was not gay, she plastered a fake smile on, sending her own wave of fake relief over herself.

Clarke walked in the kitchen looking though O's fridge, hoping to find something to eat. Moving along to the pantry she found a box of Bisquick hoping to make some pancakes for everyone. A few minutes later she heard raven running out of the room "I SMELL PANCAKES!!" She immediately took a few off the stack Clarke had going.

"Well you confirmed it for yourself." Clarke watched raven pour syrup over her mile high stack of pancakes. Octavia came out moments later, not looking very happy with raven.

"There better be or raven will be dead." Octavia glared at her. Raven, a mouth full of pancake, lifted her plate proving to Octavia there was indeed pancakes. "Good."

"So what time are we meeting with Lincoln today?" Clarke asked, sitting down with her own plate.

"In about an hour and a half," Octavia answered, delighted with the food in front of her. If Clarke learned one thing from her mother, it was how to cook for herself, and decently if you asked O and Raven.

     "And your gonna ask him out today right?" Raven asked. Octavia  rolled her eyes, hiding a blush.

      "Thanks for confirming." 

"Well, Can't wait." It was going to be great for Clarke, something she needed, a break from the real world. A couple hours on sea, would do wonders. but it wouldn't do anything for what would laid ahead.