Chapter 10: Carter

"Dude I had the weirdest dream," I said to Adam while sitting up.

"Same here," he told me.

"Was the group stuck in an abandoned hospital?" I asked him.

"Yeah! We got trapped in a room and shit," Adam said.

"It was so creepy," I shuddered.

"That old operation room," Adam said and that made me shudder again.

"The tool I picked up," I said.

"And the body shute," he said.

"This is so weird," I said, then we looked at each other before jumping out of bed to find the girls. Harper was bouncing around while Carson was probably still hooked up to her IV.

"Harper!" Adam said, getting her attention.

"Oh hey guys!" she said.

"Sit, we need to talk to you about something!" I said really fast.

"Sit!" she said after taking a seat.

"We both had the same weird daydream," I said pointing between Adam and I.

"Oh my god I had a weird dream too!" she exclaimed.

"Guys you will not believe the daydream I had," Carson said, coming up to us.

"You're not going to sit next to your boyfriend?" I teased her.

"He's not my boyfriend," Carson snapped.

"Were you guys trapped in the old part of the hospital?" Harper asked changing the topic.

"Were Adam and Carson really close for you guys too?" I smirked at them. I already knew that Adam has had feelings for Carson for a while now. I just wanted to tease him.

"Yeah! I told Annie about it and she said there is no door," Carson said, answering Harper.

"Let's go see!" Adam said and we got up and literally ran to the back lounge. Sure enough there was no door on the wall and no one mentioned Adam and Carson being close.

"Wouldn't it be cool if they were actually a door?" I asked.

"It would be cool to not explore," Carson said, "The dream really freaked me out."

"At least it was only a dream," Adam said.

"Carter, move over. I want to sit next to Adam," Carson said. I got up and let her take my seat. I noticed throughout our conversation that he put his arm around her.

"So Adam, did you talk to Mallory today?" I asked, trying to get under his skin.

"Yeah I did this morning. She's still pissed off for some reason," he said.

"I'm sorry she's not a nice person," Carson said.

"Yeah bro, I'm sorry she's shitty," I told him after seeing how much my attempt at a joke affected him.

"We love you Adam, you know that right?" Harper asked.

"Yeah I do, even though I think you're going to leave me from time to time," he said.

"We aren't going to leave," Carson said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"You see this too?" I whispered to Harper.

"Yeah! They are so cute!" she exclaimed, attracting the attention of everyone in the room. I shrunk in my seat, god did the attention being brought on me made me anxious. Adam glared at Harper, "I have a girlfriend."

"Who treats you like shit! I don't know why you stay with her," I added. Adam just got up and stormed off.

"Look what you guys did," Carson said, shaking her head.

"I didn't mean for him to get mad," Harper said.

"Adam's so sensitive, He'll come around," I said.

"Oh my god Carter! You keep making these comments and you really affect him!" Carson snapped and then got up.

"You know she's right. Adam has to go back to an unhealthy relationship when he gets out of here. Mallory is horrible. You should apologize," Harper said.

"Yeah you're right. Where do you think they went?" I asked.

"Probably the back lounge," she said. I got up and went to go find them.

When I got to the back lounge I saw Adam with his head down on the table and Carson talking to him.

"Carter can be an ass but I know he means well," I heard her say.

"Yeah but he knows about how toxic my relationship with Mallory is yet he jokes about it," Adam said,"I don't understand why."

"I think that it's his way of coping, kinda like how Harper puts on a happy go lucky face," she said.

"That does sound very Carter like. He still owes me an apology though," Adam said, sitting back and crossing his arms.

"Hey guys. I came to apologize for joking when I shouldn't have," I said walking up to them. Adam looked at me for a moment before responding.

"It's whatever. I just don't appreciate it because it was really hard for me to open up about what was going on," he said.

"I understand that," I said.

"I'm going to take a nap," Carson said and got up and left. I sat down across from Adam.

"We should probably go back to Harper," Adam said and I nodded. We got up and walked back up to the front lounge where Harper was indeed still sitting.

"It's the bouncing ball," I said and she made a face.

"Did you guys sort things out?" she asked.

"Yep," Adam said, popping the p.

"Do you guys want to play a game?" she asked.

"What game?" Adam asked.

"Uno, I can get the cards from the staff," she said.

"Go bounce your way over there to get the cards," I told her and she slapped me. She then got up and went to get the cards.

"Be ready, I'm really good at Uno," Adam told me.

"I'm taking both you and Harper out," I said and we both laughed.

"I got them!" Harper said, taking her seat. She dealt out the cards and we began to play. Adam beat us every round.

"This is just unfair," I said, slamming my cards down.

"Well played Adam," Harper said and they shook hands.

"I told you!" he said to me while Harper was taking the cards back. Adam and I just sat at the table waiting for her to come back. We are also waiting for Carson to join us after her nap.

"I still think it's unfair that you beat us every game!" I told Adam.

"I told you I am good at it, dawg," Adam said and we dapped up.

"The game is rigged I tell you. When Harper got back we saw Carson coming out of her and Harper's room.