Chapter 6: Carter

"Where are the girls?" I asked Adam. He turned around, "We lost them! We have to find them!"

"You just want to find Carson," I teased him.

"I want to find Harper and Carson," he said and pulled me down the hallway from the way we came.

"Maybe they went that way towards the stairs?" I asked.

"We can try it," Adam said. We needed to find them because we can't be separated.

"God it was so stupid to come in here in the first place," I said as we carefully walked down the stairs.

"I see a flashlight hide underneath this old desk," Adam said as we ducked behind it. We watched the guard go down another hallway. Now was our chance to run down the other hallway.

"Dude I don't think that they came this way," I told him.

"We still should check this room," he said.

"I think I hear a guard in there," I said.

"We at least should try," Adam said. I knew he was right, so we ran into the room. Adam and I felt our way into the room since it was nearly pitch black.

"I still don't think that they are in here," I told him.

"Dude I love you but you're really not helping with my irritability," Adam said.

"Let's just get out of this room," I said and he followed me.

"In here," Adam said, walking towards another room.

"Why the hell is this place so big?" I asked while trying to catch up with him.

"Multiple wards, that's why," he answered. When we got into the room we saw another flashlight.

"Hey you!" the man yelled. We started to run towards the stairs that we came. He was hot on our tails. In the process of running the guard dropped his flashlight and it slid far enough so I could grab it.

"Carter, come on!" he yelled and we ran up the stairs before slamming into two people.

"Adam!" Carson yelled.

"No time to party, we need to hide," he said.

"Here behind the gurney," Carson pointed at once. I shined the flashlight on it so that we could duck behind before turning it off. The guard went running through and was gone in a second.

"Let me check to see if it's safe," Adam said. After walking around the room he motioned for us to come.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"Down these steps," Adam pointed.

"That looks so dangerous," Carson exclaimed.

"You can hold onto me," Adam offered and she took his arm.

"I'm scared," Harper exclaimed.

"Fine hold onto me," I told her. She grabbed my arm and we carefully made our way down after Adam and Carson.

"I feel like we are going to hit the base level soon," I said.

"The functioning hospital is only three stories tall and we've gone down like three levels," Carson said.

"I think we have reached the base level," Adam said, as there were two doors in front of us. We ran to them.

"Fuck there aren't any handles!" Harper exclaimed.

"We really are trapped," Carson said.

"Maybe we could bust the door open with something," Adam suggested.

"With what? A gurney?" I asked.

"That won't work," Harper said and put her head in her hands.

"Let's look around this floor, there might be more rooms with doors," Carson said.

"If we don't make it out alive, tell me mom I'm a bisexual and that she ruined my life," Harper exclaimed.

"Your bi?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"So proud of you coming out," Carson said and hugged the girl.

"Congratulations," Adam said and she gave him a hug.

"Congrats dude," I said and she hugged me.

"Now let's find a way out!" Carson said. I shined the flashlight ahead as we started walking towards another set of opened doors. I shined it around the room before we entered.

"Why did we enter this place in the first place? That was a horrible idea," Harper said, clinging onto me.

"It was your idea to see the door and then Adam's brilliant idea to go through it," I said.

"We get it! This is all my fault," Adam snapped.

"No it's not all your fault. The rest of us followed you in," Carson said to comfort him.

"I didn't volunteer to come in the stupid door," I said.

"Carter! Do you ever shut up!" Carson snapped at me.

"Yeah! Do you?" Harper sided with Carson.

"Ok! I'll shut up," I said.

"Let's try down this hallway," Harper suggested.

"Yeah we should try that," Adam said and took the flashlight from me.

"It looks like there is a wall at the end," Carson said as Adam shined the light down the hallway.

"Yeah it's just a wall. Let's go a different way," Adam said. We started to make our way down probably the creepiest hallway. Ivy had overgrown from outside down the walls. In one of the rooms that we peered into there was an old surgical light and a bed with leather straps on the bed.

"That's totally not creepy," Carson said. We all just stood there and looked at the sight in front of us.

"Let's just move along," Carson shuddered.

"It's scary that it used to be how they did things," Harper shuddered.

"It's not how things are now. They've done a good job taking care of us," Adam said and we all knew he was right.

"Yeah they really have," Carson smiled.

"Let's keep moving down the hallway," Adam said.

"Look at this old wheelchair," I pointed out.

"I was brought up to the ward in one," Adam said.

"Was this before or after they gave you booty juice?" I asked him.

"Haha, very funny and it was before," he said.

"Carter you got the booty juice too," Harper pointed out.

"True but I was defending myself not trying to fight the staff," I said.

"I was not fighting the staff, I was just not happy to be there," Adam said.

"Then you met us!" Harper said.

"Yeah I did and I'm glad y'all sat down at my table," Adam said.

"It took me a bit but I'm glad I did," I said.

"Hey you kids!" a voice yelled interrupting our conversation.