16

Shanes pov*on his birthday

Great another year gone away. Fuck i hate this so much. I have to work so at least i can pretend its another boring day. Y/n came in and gave me some pepper poppers they had made at robins for me. It was really nice of him but i wish he didnt acknowledge my birthday. After work finally ended i headed to the bar where gus gave me a free beer and y/n sat with me.

Y/n:so what are you doing tonight?
Shane:sleeping...drinking...
Y/n:...meet me at the pond by your place. Ok?
Shane:what? Why?
Y/n:cause i wanna celebrate with you
Shane:no. I dont want people
Y/n:no people. Just us. Ok?
Shane:...oh..ok thats fine then.

When i got there they had set up some torches and had pizza and beer near the dock. I tried to hide my smile as i sat down next to them. They didnt force me to talk which was nice but...3 beers in i did something stupid. I started talking about my depression. I told him how miserable i am and how i dont see a point. They didnt stop me or try to comfort me which actually made me feel better. The fact he just listened to me and didnt want to fix it was nice. I handed him a beer and he chugged it in one gulp.

Shane:haha man after my own heart....well its getting late
Y/n:shane, wait!

He grabbed my hand as i got up. He used me to lift himself up and looked me in the eyes. I realized it really was late, the moon shone on the two of us like spotlight. He tried to talk but stayed silent. I thought maybe he wanted to see if i was ok but my anxiety took over and i started thinking he wanted to tell me he hated me and wished i was still that teenager that made the whole valley have hope. But...then a third thing...i started fantasizeing for a second. I thought maybe...i mean i could just kiss him. Right here. Under the stars and as the moon showed us to the night. But then my anxiety took over again and i started to look away.

Y/n:shane, you didnt eat yet. Come on. Ive got Netflix or hulu, hell i even have that show that does solerian chronicals as like a show. You know the one S20
Shane:oh ok, yeah that sounds good. Ive only seen their trailers on YouTube.

So we watched 2 episodes. Both were 2 hrs long and y/n was passed out on the blanket. I chuckled and carried him to sams. I was too drunk and anxious to have him at my place, and i knew sams window would probably be open still since I've seen penny crawl through there a lot.

Sam:sh..shane? Y/n? What happened!?
Shane:shhhh hes asleep. Think you can bed him for the night?
Sam:BED? Bro no one says that. Plus isn't that a sexual term?!
Shane:oh shit is it i didnt know that!

Both of us were blushing and y/n started to turn a bit. He put his face into my collar bone causing my stomach to get those stupid butterflies again. Sam finally agreed and got his bed ready for y/n and we passed him through the window since jodi was patrolling the house. I said goodnight and right before i passed him over and as sam was grabbing the extra blanket from his closet i kissed y/n on the forehead and he smiled softly as he sighed into me further.

Sam:ready bro?
Shane:ready.
Y/n:huh? Whoa wait
Sam:shhh y/n is sleeping bro!
Y/n:Samuel....
Sam:ohhhhh sorry bro
Y/n:goodnight shane, i got this from here. And..happy birthday.
Shane:...night chicken.

I walked off quickly blushing. I heard him chuckle at the stupid nickname and he crawled into sams room. I also saw penny standing in the shadow, her hair doesn't really let her stay hidden however. She seemed really upset with the fact that he was spending the night with sam.

*y/n pov*

Fuck. I didnt clean up my mess down there. It's fine ill wake up early and do it. I looked for a couch or even some blankets on the floor but didn't see any so i looked at sam who was grabbing pjs.

Sam:oh yeah no youre sleeping in the bed with me. If my mom finds you in here in the morning or even a sign of you shell kill me. She's still mad about the penny incident.
Y/n:penny incident?

Just then i heard the garbage can fall. I assumed it was Linus and shut the window so he can rummage in peace.

Sam:penny went into the kitchen at like 4am to grab a drink half naked and my mom heard her, she didn't know who it was so she went to attack her with my old guitar but before that could happen penny jumped out of a window. My mom assumed it was a robber. Luckily there was a festival that morning and the town had carnies everywhere so she didnt assume it was a person in town.
Y/n:...but she left half naked.
Sam:eh she crawled back into my room through the window and changed.
Y/n:well then...I'm sleeping near the wall.
Sam:..why
Y/n:...the wall is cold. Your mom wont see me. That's where sebby likes me to sleep. It makes sense.
Sam:oh yoba you still call him sebby?!
Y/n:ya and he still calls me c/n it's annoying and funny.
Sam:why dont you call me Sammy anymore?
Y/n:because in highschool when you two started to date i called it to you and seb threw a book at me.
Sam:oh boo

I stripped in front of sam since i couldnt leave the room but i heard someone outside again. This time i opened the window and saw penny looking frustrated.

Y/n:sam...visitor.
Sam:oh penny I'm sorry, why dont you go to marus?
Penny:i..i already did. She said she didnt want me tonight.
Sam:I'm really sorry but you cant come in.
Penny:just...kick him out. Or i can sleep in between you two!
Sam:pen, no.
Penny:but...you never say no to me....
Sam:maybe its good that i start to then.

Sam shut the window and covered the blinds he got into bed and just stared at me. I laughed and put my shirt on finally. I had to crawl over him to get into bed and he made many comments.

Sam:you know...i could really use some um
Y/n:you had penny. You cant have me
Sam:just one night. Ill make it worth it
Y/n:oh i dont doubt that but still.

We ended up cuddling after some more jokes and my alarm went off at 6am. I jumped up and out the window to my mess in cindersnap to find it cleaned up. A basket with my blanket and a note waited there instead. I pocketed the note and dropped the basket off at my house that was almost done. I was so excited to see it completed. Just as i started to admire it i saw robin walking into the farm.