Vista Lighthouse Showdown

Start from the beginning

Mew used this opening, firing a torrential blast of water toward the target. This time, Mewtwo was unable to react in time, the strong water move connecting. For the first time, the genetic pokemon was forced to the floor but it quickly recovered, shaking off the hydro pump attack. A serious look took over its face which told me that it wouldn't be taken by surprise like that again.

Mewtwo cloaked itself in an electrifying light, launching another thunder attack toward Mew. But before the move could collide, a ghostly blur moved through the air quickly, throwing itself between the two pokemon. Aegislash took the thunder attack head on, making sure to keep its ally safe.

If there was anything I could rely on him for, it was that he stuck to his knight's code. It was always a priority for Aegislash to make sure its allies were safe, even at the risk of his own life. The royal sword pokemon's steel was marred by the powerful electric attack but that wouldn't be enough to stop him.

Once the dust cleared and Mewtwo realised what had happened, its face screwed up. Its eyes glowed blue as it grimaced through the smoke. Quickly, Mewtwo raised its arm to launch another attack. A huge purple sphere of psychic energy pooled in the genetic pokemon's hands as it fired the powerful move.

Aegislash stood ready, raising its shield. As the two moves collided there was a huge explosion, a huge cloud of smoke filling the room. I had to raise my arms to cover my eyes, as I turned away from the battle for just a moment.

When everything seemed to settle down and the smoke cleared, I couldn't believe my eyes as I processed what happened. The midday sky above flooded into what was left of the observation deck, the entire roof blown to smithereens. The sun shone intensely overhead, the calm blue skies contrasting the disastrous sight before us.

Only part of the wooden floor remained around the edge of what was left of the observation deck, the surrounding walls blown to pieces. What we feared as the worst outcome came true as Vista Lighthouse would never return to what it once was.

Mewtwo hovered in the skies above us, looking down on the four of us. Mew stared back, its soft gaze showing a determined expression as the two psychic pokemon were locked in a tense stare.

My eyes flared as I searched the rubble and debris for Aegislash, finding the royal sword pokemon barely standing on the field. He clanged his sword against his buckler, determined not to give in now. He turned back to me, nodding with full confidence in my ability to lead him. Seeing that instilled a new sense of determination within in me, feeling the full trust of my pokemon manifesting before me.

"Alright then, shadow sneak Aegislash!" Without hesitating, the steel pokemon vanished into the air, taking the lead.

"...!" Mew followed its trainer's lead, firing a multitude of shadow ball attacks toward the opponent.

Mewtwo was quick to respond, floating in the air high above us. The genetic pokemon leaned back slightly, puffing its cheeks out as it launched a sweeping wave of scorching flames, easily washing away Mew's attack.

Then, Aegislash reappeared behind Mewtwo. This time he held his distance as the genetic pokemon turned in the air to counter. Instead of closing the distance, Aegislash maintained his position, gathering a huge pool of steel grey energy in front of it.

"Now Aegislash! Steel beam!"

Mewtwo must have sensed what was coming, firing a blast of electrifying energy to counter the move. There was a sonic boom as Aegislash poured its all into this move, the huge blast of steeled energy colliding with the thunder attack. Both pokemon maintained their attacks, neither giving an inch as the lighthouse continued to suffer from the raging battle.

Mew flew quickly through the air, taking its position behind Aegislash. The psychic pokemon gently placed its hands on the sword pokemon's back and even from where I was stood below, I could see a new wave of power coursing through Aegislash. Mew poured its all into supporting its ally, just as the royal sword had done before.

With its newfound strength, the insanely powerful steel beam attack cut through the bolt of lightning easily. But Mewtwo wasn't done there. Before the move made contact, the genetic pokemon launched another huge purple sphere of overflowing psychic energy, the two moves colliding between both pokemon.

Mew pushed on, encouraging Aegislash to pull through as the royal sword pokemon poured its all into the move. Mewtwo wasn't giving an inch either, not willing to go down here.

Then with a final burst of energy, Aegislash cut through the psychic move, the steel gray beam of energy crashing into the target. Mewtwo was engulfed in a huge explosion, a smoke cloud hiding the genetic pokemon from our sights. Red and I exchanged uncertain looks, not knowing if this was the end.

But as the smoke cloud slowly dispersed, the genetic pokemon was nowhere to be found. Red and I searched the area but there was no trace of Mewtwo. We both knew this wasn't the end, knowing that such a pokemon likely retreated but not too willingly. Mewtwo's pride wouldn't have allowed it to run from a fight but even the psychic pokemon knew it wasn't invulnerable.

Aegislash fell to the floor, collapsing in a heap. Mew floated down, hovering beside its partner. The royal sword pokemon was still barely awake, fighting the tides of unconsciousness as he rested on the tattered wooden floor. This wouldn't have been possible without Red and Mew by our sides and the two of us knew that we couldn't have won this battle alone.

That being said, our first battle together resulted in a well deserved victory.