43

The rest of the team followed Namjoon to the main lab and saw Jinhae connected to various machines and Namjoon doing something on the computer.

"What is going on?" Hoseok looked at Namjoon and then at the screen.

"We didn't think that he could experiment on himself," Namjoon said, still typing on the computer. "I am trying to stop it, but I don't know what this is."

50 percent transformation completed.

Namjoon looked at the notes scattered around and then at the screen. He sighed and looked at Yoongi, "You will have to break it." Yoongi nodded, "Break every computer that is in this room. But don't go near the machines he is connected to."

Yoongi nodded and punched the huge computer system in front of him. The sparks came out of the screen and Yoongi flinched.

60 perc- trans- comp-

Namjoon shook his head and Yoongi went to the other machine. One punch and the whole system collapsed. Everyone flinched when Jinhae screamed. The machines connected to him started sparking and blowing off. There was smoke in that section of the lab.

"Did he die?" Seokjin asked, stepping forward to inspect.

He was stopped by a hand on his wrist. He turned and found Namjoon holding his hand, "Don't."

A few seconds after a figure came out of the smoke. Somehow, Jinhae looked uglier than he already was. His one iris was blown out, his one arm was bulky and the other was lanky and wrinkled. His body looked so deformed that Namjoon felt bad for a second. His eyes went from showing anger to showing sadness. He was meeting the man he once idolized and the man was in the worst condition. Namjoon sighed and looked at Hoseok, "We will have to take him down before he can adjust to his form."

Hoseok nodded and looked at Yoongi and Seokjin, "We attack together. Surround him from all four sides. I will attack him head-on."

There was a grunt from Jinhae. He chuckled, "So you finally came to spoil my plans, huh?" His voice was gravelly and sounded mechanical. "Let's see what your human body can do to me."

He started to move towards Namjoon but he dodged the man due to his super-speed shoes. Hoseok attacked him with his arrow, but the arrow couldn't cross more than two layers of his skin. Yoongi punched Jinhae from the back, but the double wasn't strong enough to phase him. Seokjin shot him with his gun. Jinhae caught the bullet with his bare hand and crushed it into powder.

Yoongi looked at Namjoon, "Nothing is working on him."

Namjoon looked around on the ground and found a piece of paper. He picked it up but before he could read it, Jinhae came near him, "Are you interested in the research, my son?"

Before Jinhae could do anything to Namjoon, he received a punch from Yoongi and fell on the opposite side of the lab, "His left side is weak." Yoongi said, preparing for the next attack.

Namjoon scanned the paper quickly, "He will get tired in a short while. And then his right side would get weak too. If possible, attack on his head. That is the weakest point."

Hoseok nodded and looked at Seokjin, "Let's match our attacks." Seokjin nodded and there was a rain of arrows and bullets on Jinhae. He shielded himself by his right side. As the attack stopped and Jinhae was about to get up, he received punches from Yoongi. Jinhae, now frustrated, tried to counterattack Yoongi, but Namjoon ran at a high speed and took Yoongi back to a safe distance.

Seokjin sighed, "Wow. I am glad I met Namjoon before he could meet Jinhae. Can't even imagine what he would have done to you."

"You bastard! You are the reason for my failure. You made him remember everything." He threw something that was new to all of them at Seokjin. But it never reached him. He opened his eyes and found Namjoon before him.

Fallen.

He was in immense pain and howling. Handcuffs were around his hands and they were connected to each other with wires.

Seokjin tried to get near him but Namjoon shouted, "No! Don't come near me. This thin- Ahhh!" He howled in pain again. "This thing gives me a shock every other minute. You'll get the shock too!" As he finished the sentence, he was shocked again.

Hoseok quickly looked at Jinhae and released his arrow towards his head, while the man was distracted. He killed him with one shot but continued to attack him.

Yoongi grabbed the angry Hoseok by his waist, "Hobi, we have to save Namjoon. Leave him, he is dead." On hearing Namjoon's name, he turned to Namjoon who was whimpering and screaming in pain as the handcuffs shocked him. He went near and examined the weapon. It had been a few minutes already and Namjoon had been shocked too many times.

Seokjin was in tears and so was everyone else. Hoseok panicked, "We will have to take the thing off, or else his heart will stop."

Yoongi did the most logical thing and found a wire cutter from somewhere. He went near, held a wooden stick in his hand, and quickly cut the wires connecting the cuffs. As soon as the wire was cut, the cuffs opened and Namjoon gasped loudly as he was finally free from the clasp of the weapon.

Seokjin ran up to him and knelt In front of him. He took Namjoon in his lap "Joonie, look at me. Please stay with me Joonie. Why did you do this?"

Namjoon raised his hand which burnt due to the shocks and stroked Seokjin's cheek, which Seokjin immediately covered with his own hand, "Please don't blame yourself for this. I am happy that I saved you and looking at you in my last moments. Saranghae, hyung!"

"No, no, no, Namjoon, please don't say that. Please, please, please baby." Seokjin wailed.

Namjoon smiled, flashing his dimples before he went limp. His hand slipped from Seokjin's and fell to the ground.

Seokjin gasped loudly and hugged Namjoon while crying bitterly. He took Namjoon's name again and again as if it was the only thing in his vocabulary. Hoseok turned around and was immediately hugged by Yoongi, both of them crying into each other's shoulders.

Thunder!

Downpour.

Nature cried bitterly as her beloved prince lied lifeless.