𝟙𝟞 | four pieces of paper

Start from the beginning

"Hyejin!" Jaein comes running from her classroom earning a glare from the disciplinary teacher. She smiles and speeds walks to Hyejin, not wanting to do coffee runs for the teachers again, "We have to go shopping together before the river cruise! You're coming right?"

Hyejin's hold on her bag strap tightens as her mouth also forms a straight thin and tight line.

"You're not?" Jaein disappointedly questions, "Why not?"

"I'm not a party person anyways." it was a fact, besides the two excuses that she stated to Jaemin, Hyejin never liked the crowd anyways. It is too overwhelming for her.

"Can you at least help me buy some clothes then? Jeno sucks at shopping and I'm not taking Jaemin." Hyejin nods at her favour and they both decide on a day to go.

Even though Hyejin is still timid around other people, she is quite comfortable around Jaein. Her positive energy eventually rubbed on her and she noticed that she began to smile more. To Jaein, Hyejin is like a stabiliser; whenever Jaein was too hyped up over something, she could count on Hyejin to calm her down as teachers gave a threatening smile to the noise that Jaein produces. It's weird that even though she just met the group about two weeks ago, she realises the slight happiness whenever she walks to ready, knowing that she now has people that she could talk to. She's thankful even though she knows that once the project is over, she would most likely be alone again. Who would want to stick around me for no reason? Once the project is done, they have no more reasons to talk to me. It left her wishing that time would go slower with the remaining two weeks that she has left with the group.

As usual, the small group gathers at lunchtime in the classroom discussing random past events while talking about future ones as well.

"Hyejin, what about this?" Jaein shows her a bunch of dress ideas that she had gathered. Her main colour shade being a pastel green, more specifically emerald and turquoise.

"I think this one would suit you best." Hyejin comments on the emerald off shoulder, spaghetti strand, satin dress. The design was simple but the colour and texture made the dress seem bright and shiny, "Jeno what do yo--"

Jaein shushes her, "It's a surprise. Jeno can't know."

"You're mean." Jeno pouts at her girlfriend, demanding for a kiss, "But I'll forgive you this once if you give me a kiss."

"Ew get a room." Jaemin pretends to throw up his sandwich at his request.

Jaein sticks her tongue out at the jealous boy and dramatically gasps as she remembers the four pieces of paper that her mum handed her earlier on, "Right!"

Jaein completely caught the group's attention as she slammed the papers on the desk with enthusiasm and eagerness, "My family was supposed to go to the amusement park at the end of the week but forgot that they had other plans. Jieun didn't want to go without our parents as she's still a scaredy cat. And so! Mum said to hand them out to my friends. Everyone take one?"

An amusement park? Just the idea made Hyejin awed as she imagined what it would look like; the eye-catching food stands, people screaming from rollercoasters, the haunted mansion where couples would end up becoming closer, bumper cars that gave some people neck pain and the cliche ferris wheel ride, where couples were made. Hyejin definitely wanted to go but her responsibilities made her imagination short lived.

"Hyejin?" Jaemin sends a worried glance, "The last one is yours."

She shakes her head and hands, "I'm busy. I have a lot of stuff to do. You three should go and have fun."

"What no." Jaein protests, "It won't be the same without you."

Before another word was said from the group, a light knock on the window frame stops them, "Can I borrow Hyejin for a minute?" Aerin tucks a strand of her hair flirtatiously and sends a small wink to Jaemin.