~Night 2~

Bdubs sighed as Scar pulled up to the next checkpoint, where team one had arrived a good fifteen minutes before them. Once the vehicle was at rest, the tanned brunet unbuckled and patted Scar on the shoulder. "We'll get 'em next time, 'Kay?"

"Yeah!" Scar smiled, "As a wise, handsome man once told me, 'You'll get them next time baby, and we can pet Jellie in the meantime.'!"

"Who said that-?"

"Cub."

"Ohh." Bdubs giggled, "Not quite sure if that can apply to our current situation but whatever floats your boat!"

The friends laughed, and Bdubs and Scar made their way to the portable fire pit, where Ren, Doc and Xisuma were setting up to roast some smokies.

Xisuma looked up. "Hey guys! Either of you want a smokey?"

"I'd love one!" Scar grinned, plopping down next to Xisuma. He patted the ground next to him. "Bdubs come sit!"

Bdubs settled down next to Scar and Xisuma, hugging his knees. The brunet glanced at the setting sun and frowned. "It's getting dark soon, hey?"

From across the fire, Ren nodded. "We were on the road for a while."

"We were." Doc agreed. He smirked at Bdubs. "We weren't on the road as long as team two, thou- OW-"

Ren elbowed his friend, "But that doesn't matter because this is all in good fun, right Doc?"

"Yeah, whatever." Doc glanced back at Bdubs, who stuck his tongue out at the german.

---

The conversation soon floated elsewhere as everyone roasted and ate their smokies, the energy among the group dimming with the sun. As the moon started rising and the last beams of sunlight were fading, Bdubs got up and told everyone he was getting tired.

"Sun's gone, I might as well sleep." He shrugged, "I don't- uh.. have much interest in being out in the dark. And I gotta set up our tent."

"Double0's done tanning for the day," Scar joked, making Bdubs chuckle. "D'you need help with the tent Bdubs?"

"I'm good, thanks though!" The brunet waved, then disappeared into the growing darkness.

"I get that it's probably an inside joke but-" Doc scratched his neck, "What do mean 'Double0's done tanning for the day'?"

"Oh its not much of an inside joke," Scar smiled, "Just a little quip about how much time Bdubs spends in the sun. We joke he's tanni--"

"I FORGOT A FLASHLIGHT AND I CANNoT SEE SHIT-" Bdubs ran into the light of their fire. He smiled sheepishly. "Haha.. A-anyone have a flashlight?"

In the light of the fire, as Xisuma handed Bdubs a lantern, Doc noticed that he did look like he spent quite a bit of time in the sun. Bdubs' face was peppered with freckles and he was quite tanned. He was like a--

A cute tanned boy with a temper. Doc's cheeks flushed, staring at Bdubs as it dawned on him. I am going to kill Ren and Iskall I swear to-

"Hey, Doctor Weirdo!" Bdubs was scowling at him now, clutching his lantern. "Stop gawking at me."

"I- sorry- I was j-just-" Doc stumbled over his words. Doc never stumbles over his words. "I just re-ealized-"

Bdubs smirked, "You just realized how unbelievably hot I am, hey? Understandable."

And without giving Doc a second to respond, Bdubs left again, (this time with a light).