~Day 2~

(A/N: this is a filler chapter- so sorry if it's bad)

Mumbo started up his teams van, preparing himself for a long drive. Xisuma had told everyone that the drive would be four and a half hours after breakfast, and no one but himself was willing to drive for that long.

"DOC YOU TRAITOR!"

The ravenette jumped when Doc abruptly clambered into the back seat, making the vehicle wobble a bit.

Seconds later, Iskall jumped in and bitch-slapped Doc, his expression dead serious. "Diroite is to be burned."

Ren got into the back last, laughing.

"What- what is-" Mumbo started,

"Doc showed Iskall his Minecraft world and Iskall freaked at the sight of diorite" Ren giggled.

"Oh-"

Grian climbed into shotgun, buckling up. "Hey Mumby, Xisuma says we can get going."

Mumbo didn't bother getting fussy about being called Mumby for once, and focused on winning the race today.

The ravenette started the engine. "Put on your seatbelts please, It would be a pain if anyone died."

Doc snorted, speaking with mock-seriousness. "What an inconvenience that would be, huh?"

Iskall laughed, "The car would smell like corpses! That would suck so bad!"

Mumbo started down the highway, managing to get ahead of team two. Doc and Iskall began arguing about god-knows-what. Ren tried to get comfortable to sleep.

The brunet had found it difficult to get sleep the previous night and wanted to make up for it, but the only way he'd be able to sleep comfortably in the van would be to lean on the person next to him.

I don't wanna make Iskall uncomfortable.. Ren sighed, looking over at the swede. He's already scared of me enough.

Ren decided to just lean on the window and try to at least relax.

He made up a game of naming livestock or people he saw in the passing fields and making up their life stories, yet he eventually got bored of that and dozed off.

...

"--skall smile for the camera! This is a big moment!!"

Ren awoke to the flash of a phone and the sound of cheery laughing, which he assumed was Grian making fun of Iskall. The amber-eyed boy felt bleary and he seemed to be laying down in a wonky way. Though, he did feel comfortable. He didn't really want to get up just yet.

Ren snuggled into his pillow and sighed.

Wait-

Wait I never had a pillow.

Ren's 'pillow' tensed and the brunet shot up, hastily rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

He looked up and met Iskall's eye. The swede looked away as soon as they made eye contact and mumbled something of an apology.

"Wh- why are you apologizing?" Ren immediately felt bad, "I'm sorry for making you uncomfy!"

"You could never make me unco-" Iskall shut himself up, "N-nevermind. Sorry Ren, just forgot about that."

Ren looked down at his lap, pursing his lips. 'You could never make me... uncomfortable'? Was that what he was going to say? Ren groaned internally, Boys are so confusing. Do you like me or not?

Ren looked back at Iskall. The swede was pretty attractive, with perfectly combed brown hair, emerald eyes, a nice jawline and something of a baby-beard there.

He was the kind of person that Ren would probably have a crush on. Not like he did, but he probably would. But he didn't. But he would.

Shut up.

Anyway, that's why it bothered Ren so much that Iskall seemed to be so nervous around him. He always tried to be as friendly as he could with everyone, especially those he wanted to talk too more often, but sometimes it just didn't work out.

Maybe he just doesn't want anything to do with me. Ren pondered, I should respect that. But then again..

The brunet slumped back against the window. I'm a selfish son-of-a-bitch trying to impress a boy I barely know.

Trying to focus on something else, Ren noticed Doc who was also asleep. He had stayed up with Ren so it made sense.

The german was snoring softly, and was also using Iskall as a pillow. Ren furrowed his brow, a sour feeling welling up at the bottom of his stomach.

Why do I wanna push Doc off him..? Ren was giving himself a headache, he was thinking too much. He decided that it was because he didn't want Iskall to be uncomfortable. Yeah. Thats it. Iskall obviously doesn’t like people leaning on him... fuck I need some distraction from this.

"H-hey Iskall?" Oh, and here I go. "Wanna prank Doc or something?"

That seemed to interest Iskall. There was a mischievous glint in his eye and he smiled tentatively. "I'm down.." The swede peered down at Doc's sleeping figure. "Wh-why though-?"

Ren grinned, "'Cause if you don't prank with the homies, are you really homies?"

Iskall seemed surprised for a moment before chuckling, "It's a 'bro, no-bro' th-thing, hey?"

"Mmhm!"

"Well.." Iskall glanced around melodramatically, and was suddenly holding up a nice Apple Phone with a green case. The swede smirked. "I've already snagged his phone. What d'you have in mind?"

---

Ren had a lot in mind. Too much to finish before Doc woke up and caught them red-handed.

The two boys did manage to remove all diorite from Doc's minecraft worlds, take countless horrible selfies and embarrassing pictures of Doc, and, after hearing about their meeting from Doc that morning, Ren and Iskall worked together to add Bdubs to Doc's contacts, dubbing him "cute tanned boy with a temper 😝😍😒".

Ren snickered at the emojis Iskall added, "Do you wanna text him?" He asked, handing his partner in crime Doc's phone.

"A-actully.. while we're on the subject of phone numbers-" The swede glanced down at Doc's phone, then back up at Ren. "C-can I have your-"

From his left, Iskall began to hear incomprehensible mumbling. Doc stirred and sat up, making a face when he realized what he was leaning on. Iskall and Ren froze.

"Euh- sorry, Iskall... what time is it?" Doc grumbled. He reached into his pocket for his phone, then realized...

"Wait- WAIT WHY DO YOU HAVE MY-" Doc snatched his phone back from Iskall, squinting at the screen. "Who the hell is 'cute tanned boy with a temper'??"

But Ren was too busy cackling to respond. No answer for Doc... and no phone number for Iskall.

Yet.

---

The lake was fun. Just no WiFi :(... I'll try to update and write as much as I can though!

REMEMBER TO HYDRATE AND STAY HEALTHY *GENTLY PASSES WATER BOTTLES AND LOVE <3*

Buh bye o/