"That test is graded 'R.'" I say. I look down and see six more tests with different grade letters, none of which graded with A, B, C, or D.

"This ones an 'H.'" I held up a test. Deaton grabs all the tests and layers them about, showing each letter. He lets out a sigh and leans on the desk.

"Stiles, you remember I told you 'Druid' is the Gaelic word for 'wise oak'?" He asks.

"Yeah." Stiles frowns.

"If the Druid went down the wrong path, the wise oak was sometimes said to have become a dark oak. There's a Gaelic word for that as well..." Deaton looks down and points at the tests. "Darach."

➳➳➳➳➳
Allison, Lydia and I drove behind the school bus, heading off for the cross country event. Allison mentioned to me what had happened recently and that everything she witnessed was bad, horrible. Now, she doesn't plan on letting Scott out of her sight. Along with that, she wanted to make sure Ethan wasn't doing anything with Lydia. Lydia knows about the alpha twins. But she doesn't seem to care too much, as they aren't after her like they are with Derek.

Now that I got my jeep back, Allison wanted to go follow the cross country bus. I told Allison I'd drive, mostly because I really missed driving. But she insisted that she drove. I guess since it was her idea in the first place, she wanted to drive. Which is no big deal, it's just that her car really isn't fun to lay around in the back seat for three hours.

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison asks.

"That depends. Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" Lydia asks.

"Yeah, I should back off." Allison sighs.

"Well, that also depends. Oh, do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" Lydia asks, causing me to laugh at her.

"Well, after it happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Allison defends.

"Hm." Lydia squints her eyes at Allison. I finally put my books away from doing homework and I lean into the middle of the girls.

"And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at me door." Allison explains.

"For what?" I ask.

"Well, when Boyd and Cora were running crazy, I went to the school and helped out. Even though Scott didn't want me to. He found an arrow of mines and he brought it back to me." Allison shakes her head.

"What happened then?" I ask.

"He basically told me that I should be scared of Deucalion and the Alpha pack because he's scared of them. They terrify him." Allison explains.

"Maybe it's a woman thing. Men think some things are too dangerous for women and that we can't handle anything." Lydia says.

"Have you noticed anything? Allison and I, all three of us, know how to take care of ourselves. We don't need some boy to save us when we're in trouble." I say.

"By the way, did you bring your baton?" Allison asks.

"It's always with me, why?" I ask.

"Nothing. You're like me. You bring any weapon with you." Allison says.

"It makes me feel safer." I shrug.

"Anytime over the summer, she was out in the backyard training herself." Lydia says.

"Not to mention, Allison's dad also taught me a few things." I say.

"He's proud of you, Lea. He told me how much you've grown into your skills." Allison says.