Goodbye.... Old Friend

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps you should detach me from Voltron, Young Star." The Gold Lion suggested, "This beast is powerful, and I will not risk the life of my Paladin."

"And I will not refuse to save the lives of those who can save the universe. If I leave now, I will be going against everything I stand for. Please, understand how I feel about running away from a fight."

"Yes, but that is how they all were created. You are far too selfless, Young Star."

"And that is what I was meant to become."

Novae cut off the conversation and took in a deep breath, focusing back on the fight taking place in front of her.

Voltron flew away from the Robeast right before it prepared to attack once again.

"Lance, Hunk, give me full reverse boosters!" Shiro ordered.

Lance and Hunk gave us reverse boosters before we hit a xanthorium cluster. But suddenly, Voltron was showered in a purple light and pulled backwards along with some of the clusters surrounding them.

Lance and Hunk activated their boosters while Novae pushed the wings to activate their own boosters. They tried to fly away, but the force pulling Voltron was far too strong for them to escape.

"This thing wants to eat us like we're a space taco!" Hunk exclaimed in fear.

Voltron landed on its mouth and resisted being sucked inside, parting the mouth with its legs and the wings shielding Voltron from the bright light the Robeast was emitting. Novae felt something drip down her chin, but she paid no mind to it, pushing her power into the wings and small bits into the rest of the lions to give them more strength.

"Can't get free." Shiro grunted as the Robeast forced Voltron closer to its mouth.

Novae gasped for air, her eyes glowing brightly and the flower mark appearing on her forehead and hands. She continued for a moment, trying to gain control of this beast, however, nothing she did worked. And that would only mean that the beast has no mentality. Only the desire to destroy Voltron with the intensity of the brightest burning sun.

"I'll make him back off!" Keith shouted as the jaw blade formed in the red lion's mouth.

Keith shoved the blade into the Robeast, making it groan in pain and releasing Voltron due to the shock. Voltron quickly took the chance and escaped from the beast.

"We've gotta keep some distance between us and that Robeast!" Shiro shouted as the Robeast prepared to fire again.

It fired again and again, hitting the xanthorium clusters around Voltron. The Robeast came even closer after Voltron escaped from the explosions, attempting once again to suck inside Voltron inside of it.

"It's trying to pull us in again!" Hunk shouted.

"I'm burning thrusters at full capacity, and it's not making any difference!" Lance shouted.

"I am doing everything I can with the wings! Nothing is seeming to help us escape!" Novae shouted, now finally feeling her tiredness flooding her mind.

However, just before Voltron was sucked into the Robeast, a laser fired from out of nowhere and hit the mechanical monster head on.

The shock of the unexpected fire made the Robeast loosen its hold on Voltron. The team managed to break free of its hold and breath a sigh of relief for a moment.

Voltron turned around to see the Castle of Lions hovering behind them. 

"Is everyone alright?" Allura asked.