Goodbye.... Old Friend

Start from the beginning

A bright purple light shone from its mouth and then it fired a laser at the xanthorium clusters, igniting them in an explosive frenzy. The Robeast looked straight at the space pocket with its glowing eyes as it flew closer.

"I think it knows we're here." Hunk said.

"Hold." Shiro ordered.

The Robeast fired once again, the attack almost hitting the Castle directly. Suddenly, some of the shots hit the Castle and did terrible damage.

"Direct hit!" Coran shouted urgently, "It definitely knows we're here!"

"Get the particle barrier up!" Allura ordered. Coran did as he was told and activated the particle barrier, keeping the Castle safe from any other attacks for the time being.

The Robeast stopped firing and opened its mouth again to reload on ammo.

"He's readying for another attack!" Coran shouted. But it wasn't just the crystals the Robeast was sucking into its vortex.

The Castle began to move without warning closer to the monster.

"He's pulling us in as well!" Allura said. "Paladins, I think it's time to launch!"

"Form Voltron!" Shiro ordered. The six Lions came together and formed Voltron as the paladins had been ordered. The golden wings stuck out from the back of Voltron, shining with the light of the crystals that floated around them, adding to Voltron's power and sense of strength.

Voltron flew out of the space pocket and punched the Robeast back, diverting its attack away from the hidden Castle. The red light from its attack hit several of the crystals above, igniting them once again.

But the attack was enough to cause some damage to the Marmoran base that created the space pocket. The generator was hit and damaged severely, forcing the disguise to disperse and reveal the Castle and base hidden within.

"We're exposed! The space fold has been lowered!" Allura shouted.

Just then, everyone saw the ship that was once docked in the base was now flying away from the battle.

"Well, there goes Ulaz." Coran added.

"I knew we should never trusted a Galra." Allura grumbled.

Voltron continued to punch the Robeast back, far away enough to keep it out of the Castle's reach.

"Let's light this thing up," Shiro said, "Fire lasers."

The Green and Red Lions fired their lasers at the Robeast. Each time a laser hit, the beast was pushed back, but Voltron's efforts seemed to be meaningless as the Robeast turned around and sucked more clusters into its mouth.

"He's pulling in more ammo!" Pidge said.

The Robeast turned back around towards Voltron and opened its mouth, preparing to fire at the team.

"Move, move, move!!" Shiro exclaimed as Voltron quickly moved out the firing path.

As Voltron flew away from the beast ignited more xanthorium crystals behind them. The team was blown from the side, the wings protecting the robot from most of the damage, but at a price however.

Novae gripped her controls even tighter than before, the feel of the terrible dark energy from this monster ripping into her very being. And the added pain from the attack was not helping the situation.

Because she had a deep connection to her lion, she was able to feel the same pain her lion did. Thus, the more damage the lion took, the more energy would be drained from her body and the pain would continue to increase.