,,This bitch took my daughter. I need her back", Ethan responds loudly and you flinch a little at his yelling ,,You need to help me".
,,You should watch your mouth when you talk about Lady Dimitrescu", you say, sounding pretty calm even though the way he talks about your lady infuriates you quite a lot. You know better than to get loud.

,,What?", Ethan just says and you huff.
,,I like her. I like Alcina Dimitrescu a LOT. She is nothing but kind and I won't allow you to talk about her like that after busting into her room, being ignorant and yelling at me", you are ready to jump from the bed and tackle him if he says another bad word, but instead he slowly backs away and shakes his head.

,,They must have brainwashed you", he says and his hand is already on the doorknob.
Without another word, he leaves and you stay back on your own.

'Who does he think he is' you shake your head and rest your head back on the pillows ,,I hope Alcina slices his head off".

Though about half an hour later an uneasy feeling starts growing in your chest and you sit back up. She did say she would come and check up on you. She hasn't done that yet and you start thinking something might have happened.

,,Maybe I should go and see if I can find Daniela...'', you mumble to yourself and you're quick to slip from beneath the warm, good-smelling covers to approach the door.
Beside the worry you feel extremely numb, almost as if suddenly you lost all of the care you ever had. Somebody could shoot you now and you feel like you wouldn't even notice it.
Your facial muscles don't move, you can't hold onto any thought that comes up in your mind and you just want to talk to Daniela, or at least Bela. Or Alcina, yet you don't think you'll find her.

Each step you take echoes through the corridor as you go to find someone and you look left to right, listening carefully.
It is dangerously quiet.
But you also don't want to call out for any of them. What if Ethan hears you and decides that now he wants to slaughter you as well?

,,Dani...Please...'', you mumble and now, finally, you hear buzzing somewhere around the next corner. You increase the pace of your your steps, take a turn and there you see the face of the red-haired girl who looks at you in suprise now.

,,Y/N? What are you doing here?", she asks and places a hand on your shoulder ,,Are you okay?".
,,I don't know", you say and sigh ,,I'm happy to see you, though".
,,I'm glad to see you, too", Daniela stares at you for a moment before she lies her other arm around you and pulls you into a tight hug. ,,Mother told me what happened. I'm so sorry", she says and gently pats your back.
After freezing for a moment you sink into her embrace and shrink a little, resting your forehead against her shoulder.
,,At least nothing happened to you", you whisper ,,I started to worry".
,,Before that man-thing gets to me I'll start reading your cheesy romance novels", she says with a laugh and gives you a last gentle rub on your back ,,Come, stay by my side. Let's find him and cut his stupid hands off".

But before that can happen you both hear a loud scream from a familiar voice and you exchange a glance with Daniela.
,,That was Cassandra", she says and grabs your hand, pulling you with her at rapid speed before you could even say anything ,,Maybe she needs help".

You both are quick to reach the place where the scream came from but three problems immediately show up when you get there.
A window, that got smashed and now lets in cold air, Ethan is nowhere to be seen and a dark figure is lying on the floor.
,,Cassi?", Daniela shouts and all you can hear is a light wimper.
Now you notice how Cassandra is shaking in the cold and Danielas eyes widen.
,,I can't go in there, oh my god, I can't go in there. She is going to die, she-", the girl starts to freak out and you don't even bother listening until she finished her little rant.

Instead, you pull away from her girp and rush into the froom, internally freaking out now as well and you grab Cassandra's shoulders to turn her on her back.

,,Can you hear me? Cassandra?", you ask, your voice shaking and the girls eyes stare up to the ceiling, motionless.

,,It is so cold", she whispers in a barely audible tone and without even thinking you wrap your arms around her freezing body.
It takes you a lot of force but you manage to pull her with you, away from the window and once you reach the other room you sink to the floor, her back resting against yout chest, pressing your body against hers to give her some of your warmth.

,,Don't you dare to die now", you whisper and cup her cold face with your hands ,,Don't you fucking dare".

This is not only about you loosing another person in your life, you simply wouldn't be able to put up with the guilt of having to tell Alcina that her daughter lost her life in your arms.
You start doing everything to keep Cassandra warm to the point where there is barely half an inch between your body's and a tear leaves your eye, you hands are shaking and Daniela watches the whole scenario with widened eyes, kneeling next to you.

And then Cassandra starts moving again.

At first she stretches her pinky, then the rest of her hands, then she moves her legs just a little and the dark haired girl opens her eyes with a confused look, now staring up to you.
,,You saved my life", she says in disbelief and you nod slowly.
,,And I would do it again".

,,Please, stop. I'm getting emotional", Daniela says and Cassandra laughs at the almost whiney tone in her sisters voice.
,,Now? After I almost died?".
,,Shut up", Daniela rolls her eyes but the worried expression on her face doesn't leave ,,Are you okay, though?".
,,I still feel a little dead, so, no", Cassandra sigh and leans her head back against your shoulder, her bright eyes looking at you for a split second.

,,Dani? Cassandra? Are you here? Somewhere?", Bela's voice then gains all of your attention and Daniela yells back: ,,Yes, here! With Y/N".
The blonde girl shows up at the corner and a sigh escaped her lips when she sees all of you. ,,There you are."