𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

I looked around to see I was in an unfamiliar alley with no one lingering around, hoping it to be as far away from Katia as possible. I leaned against the bricked wall, taking huge gulps of air. 

I really needed to get back on my boxing classes to increase my metabolism.

I had left boxing two years ago, trying to help Collin in his shifts and jobs to get him extra paid for our expenses. Both of us got averagely paid with nothing too extraordinary. 

Now that I think of Collin as a werewolf, everything seemed surreal, unfamiliar, and strange. It was like nothing seems familiar anymore.

What about our parents then? I remember Collin telling me they died when we both were very young. We used to live with our uncle until he died in a car accident too. Luckily, Collin had been eighteen so he was able to take care of us and move us to the small dingy apartment we currently live in.

I placed my hands on my temples, pressing lightly on them before raking my fingernails through my black hair.

I need to find out everything. Or maybe I do not. Maybe I'm better off without knowing anything and pretending nothing was happening. I've always been good at pretending.

My surroundings whirled making a small shriek of surprise come out of my mouth. White flashes of light hit my eyes, making me blind for a second. My hands flew to my head, gripping my scalp as a throbbing pain shot through my head. My eyes snapped close, and I felt my body floating.

What the hell is happening?

When my eyes opened I wasn't in the empty alley anymore. What the - I was in the living room of my apartment, staring into the worried faces of Collin and Ava.

Words spilled from their mouths; hand gestures were performed but I wasn't able to hear a single word of what they were saying.

What the hell just happened?

I looked down at my hands and around the living room before looking back at Collin and Ava.

They couldn't see me as they tensely sat on the small round dining table, with Collin's expression grim and unhappy. Collin held a glass in his hand, water half filled. 

wonder what they must be talking about. 

The apartment looked the same from what I remember, except the door was replaced with a new one, and the couch was torn in some places looking as if an animal had torn it off.

Ava stood from her chair, patting Collin's shoulder before walking out the door, grabbing her bag. Collin stared into oblivion, not realizing his hand tightening around the glass until it shattered into a million pieces within his grasp making me flinch.

He unclenched his hand, letting the pieces of glass fall from along with a few drops of blood. But when his palm was revealed, it was as if nothing had even feathered it. His hand healed. I guess this shouldn't surprise me.

How did I come back home? Why isn't Collin able to see me? I stood right in front of him, but he saw right through me.

His head snapped up towards the door as if someone had made a noise outside. He looked at the mess he made on the table with the glass before sighing. He dismissed the mess before standing and approaching the door.

Alarms rung.

Danger.

His hand reached towards the door.

"Don't open the door!" I yelled but he didn't seem to hear me. My legs took off in his direction to stop him from opening the door. His hand curled around the handle and before I could do anything, the door swung open.