Chapter 1: Old Times

Luffy's POV

"WE'RE HERE!!!!" I shout at the top of my lungs.

I giggle in excitement, looking around at the new island we've stumbled upon. Chopper, and Nami stay on the boat, they looked scared.

"L-Luffy...you do realize what's up ahead r-right?!" Chopper shivered, practically crying at the sight of the island.

I looked forward and saw a massive jungle holding a giant mountain near the center. Brook walked up behind me, following him was Sabo, Koala, and the rest of the group.

"Danger?" Brook slightly scared asked.

"Yep!" I widened my mouth.

Nami turned her head up and noticed the clouds.

"Hey guys, it looks like it's about to rain." She spoke, still scared of the island itself.

"In that case we might as well find some shelter. I'm also guessing you want to explore anyway?" Sabo looked towards me with a smirk.

"Uhhuh!" I nodded happily.

"Can we hurry up then?! I'd rather not be soaked!" Nami shouted as she slowly got off the ship with Chopper.

I ran toward the forest looking for adventure. After a few minutes Nami found a cave nearby and we settled there for the storm.

"Ughhhh! I wanna go out!!" I complained.

"Sorry Luffy, but I don't think any of us want to get wet." Carrot sighed.

The group nodded in agreement.

After a while everyone was doing separate things on their own. I started falling asleep until I heard a voice call out to me.

Sabo's POV

Three figures...three kids...three brothers.....

"Ugh...so much rain..."

"Hey it's not too bad, I'm sure it'll pass soon."

"This is so much fun!!!"

"What about sitting in a cave is fun?!"

"Well I get to hang out with you guys, right?!"

It's like I'm reliving my childhood again...

Over and over I remember bits of my past...

Moments that seem so dumb but now...

"Hey Luffy-" I turn to Luffy who's sitting to my left.

He seemed to be half asleep so I nudge him a little.

"Eh?" He jumps up frantically.

"Hahah!" I cover my mouth and looked away.

"Oh hey Sabo, what's up?" He asked looking toward me.

I look back at him, continuing my sentence.

"You remember that time you, Ace, and I went to find shelter from a storm but we ended up in a small cave like this one?"

Luffy's eyes lit up, he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Then we fell asleep!! We slept the whole night there because of how long the storm was!!" Luffy continued.

We laughed for a little, reminiscing about our childhood felt weird but I liked it. Especially since for most of my life, my childhood was nothing but the Revolutionary Army.

"What about when we met that old dude and he helped train us!!" Luffy exclaimed.

"Oh right! That was when I told you about Roger being Ace's dad!" I looked toward him.

"I'm glad you did! If not I don't think I would've ever found out!" He smiled.

I laughed a little bit then thought for a second.

"Then you told him you knew, you idiot!!" I spoke in frustration.

"I'm sorry!! I was just a kid Sabo!! Besides that's in the past now!" Luffy giggled, slightly worried.

"Pfft..." I smiled. "Yeah I guess you're right..."

It's in the past...

My mind wanders back to that day...

The War of the Best, or more commonly known as The Paramount War...

It was revealed that Ace's dad was Roger and he was killed...

"What's wrong?" Luffy asked.

I had a serious expression.

"It's nothing, what else did we do?" I took a deep breathe and grinned.

I heard a few footsteps walk over toward us so I peaked my head up.

"You two having fun?"

I hope you enjoyed! If you enjoy please check out my other One Piece Fanfic called Noble! :D