Sleepover

"Come on, its not that bad," I said to Grant as we walked to the diner. It was about 20 degrees out and we had 3 layers on, yet still cold.

"It's FREEZING," he whined.

"We're almost there," I said, and we walked down the block a little further till we saw the orange lights of the diner and walked in. I immediately saw 4 people sitting at a booth, two of them I recognized as Nini and Courtney but the other two I didn't recognize. They both had ginger hair and big smiles, they were either siblings or a couple.

"Hey everyone," I said, and they all looked over to me.

"Kat!" Courtney and Nini said together, and they ran over and hugged me.

"No one knows my name?" Grant put in and we all laughed.

"Sorry Grant," they said, and we all sat down.

"Soooo you gonna introduce me or..." I said to get the ball rolling.

"Oh right!" Nini exclaimed.

"Grant, Kat, this is Big Red and Ashlyn, their dating," Courtney told me.

"Nice to meet you two," I said excitedly, and they both laughed.

"It's nice to meet you too, we've heard a lot about you guys," Ashlyn said.

"We told them all about you two in like 5 minutes," Courtney laughed.

"We thought they would be the most excepting of you two being... you know... North High students," Nini whispered the last part.

I laughed and nodded before the waitress came and took our order.

"So, what's the theatre like in North High?" Big Red asked.

"It's amazing, everyone there is so talented, which reminds me, we had auditions today!" I said excitedly.

"That's great, which extra did you go for," Nini asked.

"Well, Ummmm, thing is, I didn't go for an extra," I said.

"You didn't try out," Courtney tried.

"Ummmm no," I said again.

"So... what happened?" Nini asked.

"Oh my gosh, you guys, she went out for the lead!" Grant said, exasperated.

"WHAT!" Courtney and Nini both shouted in excitement.

"Umm yeah," I said a little flustered.

"We are so proud of you Kat," Nini said.

"Thanks guys," I blushed.

"I have some big news too," Nini said. "Not to take away from you of course," she quickly added.

"No go ahead! What is it?" I spoke.

"Well, you know the Youth Actors Conservatory?" she said.

"Yeah, the one you wanted to go too but decided to stay, but then the head came and saw the show and said she would think about giving you a spot," Ashlyn said offhandedly.

"Umm yeah that's the one," Nini said.

"Wait, she came to the show?" I asked.

"Yeah, she did and I talked to her, and... I got accepted," she said with her eyes closed.

"WHAT!!!!!" I yelled, so loud everyone turned to stare at me, but I didn't care. "You got in?!" I asked quieter, sitting back down.

"Yeah, I did," Nini said.