05- a warm invite

3rd person's POV:

And so both boys were back on the court once more.
Lev felt that the sun was gentler on them now, maybe after seeing Yaku's smile, he thought that nothing else could compete with the sun's brightness anymore.

On the other hand, Yaku was full-on focusing on his practices with Lev. Though occasionally, he would be distracted by Lev's excited smile as he successfully hit a few balls back. Yaku found it cute, though he had seen that smile so many times before during volleyball sessions with his team.

Maybe...he was just secretly glad he could enjoy it all to himself this time.

Before they knew it, both boys were sweating tremendously once more. Their bodies were warm not just from the sun, but from the determination steadily burning inside them, fuelling them for more and more practices.

If it wasn't for a slight trickle of rain that came, Yaku and Lev would have lost track of time before they even knew it.

Yaku's POV:

I felt something cold and wet hit my cheek.
I shuddered at the sudden touch, my body tingling in disgust. Soon after, another droplet hit my cheek. Then my hair. Then my arms.

"Lev! It's starting to rain!" I yelled, quickly holding the towel that was hanging around my neck above my head. I quickly began running to the sheltered benches nearby.

The sharp though small droplets of rain that tickled me earlier had now amounted to something bigger, they all rained down from the gray clouds above, hitting the ground furiously.

Lev quickly ran after me too, sitting beside me on the bench like earlier. "What a shame...we didn't even practice for another solid hour before we got interrupted again." He grumbled, using his fingers to comb his slightly damp hair that had not been spared by the rain.

"It's alright, I think we've had a good amount of practice so far already. You have improved a fair bit." I told him, keeping my eyes on the view in front.

The horizon started to become foggy with the mist the storm had brought, and darker clouds were starting to roll from the far distance towards us. The sky let out a low grumble as the trees danced dangerously, a strong wind rustling its pines.

"O-oh thank you Yaku-san." Lev replied.
I didn't even have to look at him to know he was smiling. And that made me a smile a little.

A cold breeze passed through me, icily pricking my skin and touching my spine as it sent a shiver down my body. I held my arms close to myself, rubbing them to generate some warmth.

"Yaku-san, are you cold?" I could hear Lev's voice closer to me now. I glanced at him from the side and noticed he was leaning in my direction.

"Ah..a little but it's nothing I can't handle." I murmured, focusing my gaze back on the sky and the trees surrounding us.

Aaahchu !

I couldn't stop myself from sneezing, and soon after, I sneezed again. I grimaced, folding my legs up onto the bench as I curled my body up a little further, now placing my hands on my cheeks to keep my face warm. Ah..I hate the cold! It's so irritating!

"Yaku-san! You're going to get sick like this!" Lev exclaimed. I sniffled again, before denying his words once more. I didn't want to admit that I could be sick because I hated feeling so weak like that.