02- baka, Lev, baka!

"Lev.." I squinted my eyes a little in the dark, trying to assure myself that it wasn't a serial killer after me.

And the realisation hit shortly after.

"BAKA, LEV BAKA!" I yelled at him, giving him a high kick to his kneecaps. He let out a yelp, toppling over backwards. Now I could see his terrified face in the light.

"WHY WERE YOU TRYING TO SCARE ME? YOU IDIOT!" I looked down on the boy, extremely agitated at him staying back just to piss me off again.

"Yaku..yaku-san. Let me explain." Lev held his hands in front of him innocently, and tried to get up from the ground, but I stopped him from doing that and instead placed both my arms on his shoulders to push him back, before leaning in closer to him. "Stay on the ground." I whispered threateningly. "I like it when you have to look up to talk to me." I jabbed a finger into his chest.

"Oh how the turntables." Lev said in an amused tone, before complying and getting himself into a sitting position on the ground. "Anyway." He looked up to me and gave me another one of his annoying smiles.

"I wanted to apologise for what happened earlier...after you left, I got bad looks from the rest of our teammates for some time and I felt even more guilty! I didn't know that my comment would trigger you that badly. I meant it as a joke!!" He said.

I kept my gaze cold on him, and the storage room was quiet for a while. The tension in the air was thick and I could feel his nervous energy radiating off him.

I kind of like it this way. It makes me feel powerful.

"So..Yaku-san, I'm sorry!" He sputtered, finally breaking the silence. I let out a long sigh, then crouched down to meet his eyes. "I hope you mean it, stupid Lev." I was worn out from school, practice, and dealing with him and so I simply got up again and walked out of the room when suddenly, I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. I spun around, feeling a little embarrassed yet irritated at his touch.

"Wait Yaku-san! Let me walk you home!" I stared at him in horror. WHAT?? Walk me home? Does he think a single apology can make up for that extremely rude ins- "Fine." My voice suddenly slipped, and I didn't realise what I said until I saw that familiar cheerful smile on his face. What have I done to myself? Why have I subjected myself to such...torture?

"Yaku-san! Thank you! Take it as compensation too for earlier~ Actually, I would love to walk home with you anytime, I don't mind at all!" He said bluntly, before racing in front of me, pulling me along with him. "L-lev!" I screamed at the sudden motion, nearly tripping over my own legs. "Slow down, you fast long-legged idiot!"

"And you! Keep it down, you scream like a girl!" He turned around and shot me a playful smirk. And that did not hesitate to make me want to absolutely throttle him on the ground at that instant. "I do NOT scream like a girl!" I shot back, running to catch up with his pace as we left the school.

I shoved him in the shoulder, before jogging ahead.
"Hey! We're supposed to walk together!"
Ah, I still could hear his annoying voice. I started to walk a little faster now, hoping he'd give up on walking me back home.

Then, I felt a pair of arms on my shoulders and I was suddenly turned around and met with his face. "Yaku-san, I'm serious. Please let me walk home with you, it's the least I could do to make up to you..." I looked at him quizzically, before laughing.

"Oh Lev, since when are you ever serious?"

"Actually..." He released his grip on me before looking at the ground...guiltily? His expression right now is something I've never seen before. "I actually wanted to ask you something while we were walking and that is...I was wondering if you were free tomorrow morning to practice volleyball with me?"