Chapter 47

I used to attend awards and film festivals, and I always had my seat at the end. I couldn't see who was talking on the stage from afar. No way, not red. And a first-class actor like Xi Zonghe naturally occupies the c position and sits with those who match his status.

    When I was under Liang Wenhao, I was used to being lazy, and there were not many celebrities in the same period around me, so there was no comparison. They sit in the front, we sit in the back, we don’t get a prize, and they don’t necessarily get something. Everyone is here to be green leaves. Who is more noble than who?

    But at that time I still knew how different it was. Later, after retiring from the circle for two years to take care of Xi Zonghe, staying with him all day long, he developed a habit, and lost his sense, almost thinking that he was the same as him.

    Until he chose to make a comeback at the Oriental Film Festival, dressed in a formal dress, faded away from the past publicity and youthfulness, and returned to the entertainment circle with a high profile after Nirvana.

    On the fifty-meter red carpet, he walked alone for a minute, but for this minute, he worked hard for two years.

    At the end, I watched him slowly walk towards the other end, all the way the spotlight kept on, as if to record every frame of him on the red carpet.

    By the time I walked on the red carpet, there were not a few reporters there at all, most of them had already entered the venue, and the few shots at me were more like using me to adjust parameters.

    I can only stay far away, falling far behind Xi Zonghe.

    He hasn't had any works for two years, but he can still sit in the same row as Jiang Mu and occupy the best position. I sit in the back, looking at the back of their heads, everyone will only look forward, never look back.

    People like Xi Zonghe are not only the protagonists in the play, but also the absolute heroes in life. Family background, knowledge, appearance, whatever is taken out alone must be a few blocks away from others, let alone combined together.

    The gap between him and me is not only the distance between a dozen rows of seats, but also a chasm-like gap, which is insurmountable across thousands of rivers and mountains.

    I was like a stupid frog. I saw a crane falling into a well, and I thought I could stay with him underneath. But he didn't want the crane's wings to heal, so he flew for nine days in a blink of an eye and returned to his world, and the frog was still the frog at the bottom of the well.

    I don't have wings, but I still want to catch up with him.

    The enterprising spirit that has never been before, the beginning of hard work, maybe just that day, that moment. I know that if I don't work hard, I will be left behind sooner or later.

    The conversation with Li Xinping was very pleasant. After all, I got the role, which is more important than anything else.

    "Then I'm leaving first, and I look forward to working with you." I got up and shook hands with Li Xinping, and then walked out of the meeting room amidst everyone's farewells.

    As soon as I went out, Sang Qing came up and asked me: "How is it?"

    I observed his expression and made sure that he really didn't know, not just pretending, and then said, "I got it."

    He almost jumped up on the spot, just uttered a cheer, and then covered himself back.

    He shook my arm and said, "Great!" His voice trembled with excitement.