She rolled those bright blue eyes but didn't stop shoving noodles into her mouth. "Yeah, I know." She started once her pie-hole was empty again. "And I know how much you like him, which is why I'm backing off." My eyes widened in surprise at that comment and I leaned forward excitedly against the table.

       Those eerily electric eyes narrowed in warning. "That doesn't mean I'm okay with you staying the night with him alone—I'm really not ready to be an aunt yet, kid—" The frown was back in full force at that comment, but she was pushing on before I could say anything. Why would she be an aunt anytime soon? "—but dad's right. You turn eighteen next month, you're an adult now and can make your own decisions."

        "So, I can stay with him?" I urged against my better judgement, a smile pulling on my lips that had no intention of hiding itself anytime soon. This was becoming too good to be true. I almost forgot what I wanted to talk about to begin with—almost.

       "Is me saying 'no' going to stop you?"

       "Nope." I popped the 'p' a lot more excitedly than I should have, which only earned another eye roll from my sister.

       "Then it won't matter if I let you or not." She said on a dramatic sigh before leaning back in the kitchen chair, finally full enough to stop stuffing her face. I was trying not to bounce out of my seat in excited glee. "Just... come home every once in a while, okay?" I was surprised at the soft plea in her tone, and the almost somber edge in her bright gaze. "I miss you sometimes."

       The excitement slowly left my chest and I settled down enough to give her a small smile. "Of course, Luce. I still live here." She made a weird 'hrmph' noise in the back of her throat, but changed the subject anyway. "Is that what you wanted to talk about? Staying with your boyfriend?"

       The pounding of my heart instantly increased until I could practically hear the beat in my own ears at her words. I felt that all-too familiar blush stain my cheeks. "No, a-and he's not my boyfriend."

       She scoffed. "Right, because I believe that."

       "It's true."

       "Sure, it is."

       "No, we haven't talked about that at all!" I wasn't sure why I was getting so heated. Rex and I never really talked about the subject, besides that one time in his living room when he said he would be whatever I wanted him to be—which was everything—but that didn't really give me any answers.

       "Then maybe you should ask him." Luce rose her water glass casually to her lips, a mischievous light dancing behind her eyes. "Because I'm almost positive that boy thinks you two are married with how he acts around you." Tomato girl mode activated. I simpered down in my seat as a furnace ignited in my cheeks and trailed down the back of my neck.

       "I—I... That's not—Not—!"

       "So, what's on your mind besides the obvious?" She asked around my mindless stammering, thankfully saving me from any future embarrassment. The heat was still there though, even as I tried to bring my thoughts back to why I brought him up in the first place.

       "I asked dad to get him out of trouble a few weeks ago, a-as Rune Evans, and Rex went to Boston to confront him." I admitted quietly as those, honestly kinda creepy, eyes of hers stayed glued to my face. "They talked and I guess dad offered him a job—"

       "Wait a minute. Dad let him up to his office?" She leaned forward and placed her hands on the table incredulously. I nodded and bit anxiously at my bottom lip—until the memory of Rex biting it flashed through my mind and I let quickly go. "He never let's people up there. Especially if they just show up randomly."