"It's not your fault my love. It was never your fault, but my fate. I'm glad it all ended now. We both are free of that constant fear and worry." Taehyung shook his head. He was sure that he might again say the same words.

"Jungkook-"

"I know bun, don't worry. You still need rest." Jungkook tried to get up as he was sure that cops must be waiting for him now. But when Taehyung felt that, he quickly grabbed Jungkook's arm and tried to get up to which Jungkook reacted fast and pushed him back on the bed gently.

"Baby please. I've to go-"

"No please.. please Kook. I- I'm sorry. Don't leave me, please. I promise I'll be good... I would never avoid you, I-" Taehyung was clearly panicking, and that just made the other more heartbroken.

Jungkook inhaled sharply and crouched down in front of the other, he smiled though his eyes were crying like his heart.

"Live your life-"

"NO! I want you, I want my life with you.. why don't you understand, you crow head.. I love you." Taehyung cried out that only brought a bright smile to the raventte.

"Oh, Tae. I love you more bubs." Jungkook breathed out and kissed Taehyung's exposed temple. Taehyung was a bit confused about how the other looked very collected on his confession. Little did he know that he had heard each of his words before.

Jungkook pulled back again and smiled. "I know it all, because I heard you.. each word." He pointed towards the pendant that was now on his own neck. That had to be removed before he was admitted to the hospital, so Jungkook wore that himself.

"Keep it to yourself. That's the only thing that can keep me sane in prison." Jungkook chuckled, unlocked the chain from his neck, and locked it around Taehyung's neck who looked quite confused.

"What? Your hyungs are not the only best technician. I've Jimin." Jungkook bragged with a bit high-pitched tone and Taehyung couldn't help but smile just that didn't last for longer.

"You're leaving?" He asked the obvious, but deep down, he just wanted to hear a no. But to his dismay, Jungkook muttered a yes.

"I.. I don't want to be like that.. but still, I want to be a bit selfish Tae." Jungkook said lowly, hands clutched over Taehyung's pendant.

"I'll wait for you Kook, till my last breath," Taehyung announced confidently and cleared out all of Jungkook's fears with that.

"Baby. Isn't it too much? I don't know, how much it will take-"

Taehyung placed his finger over Jungkook's lips, smiling through his teary eyes.

"I'll wait for you, till my last breath." He repeated his words and again tried to get up when Jungkook leaned forward to stop him, the other hugged him tightly through his laying body.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around the other's neck as Jungkook supported his half-laying body carefully, making sure to inhale the calming and sweet scent as much as he could. 

"I will stick to my words. Just, don't forget me..ok?" Taehyung's voice trembled as he was trying his best not to cry much.

Jungkook was amazed yet too much happy. He nodded his head and pecked others' hairs many times. The soft moment was interrupted by a knock on the door.

When Jungkook tried to part away, Taehyung didn't let him so, in the end, the door was opened by Chanyeol who looked apologetic.

"Jeon, we have to go now." Taehyung's heart started hammering loudly that even Jungkook could feel that. Everything was repeating in front of his eyes and he was again helpless.

Jungkook finally pulled back and smiled widely. He pecked Taehyung's face many times and completely leaned back. With a painful gaze, he saw how Taehyung was clenching his fists tightly.

"Till then, take care bubs. My strong love." Jungkook said proudly and Taehyung smiled while nodding his head.

"T- take care, Kook.." That's all he could say with his wobbly lips before Jungkook smiled and turned back to leave the room in a hurry, not brave enough to see his crying baby. He put all of his efforts to leave the hospital as all the others gave him sad looks.

Once Jungkook was gone, Taehyung cried out.. he cried out loudly about his fate while having a hold over the pendant. His cries echoed inside the room, reaching the ears of the officers standing on the other side of the wall, having their eyes filled with tears too.

Since he opened his eyes, he just felt pain. Everything, everyone was gone and he was left alone... once again.

______

😭