"J-ungkook?" His voice was broken and muffled due to the oxygen mask.

Jungkook softly hummed and caressed his hair, wanting to engulf him in his embrace but the younger was laying sideways due to the stitches on his back. Taehyung licked his dry lips and removed the mask. Jungkook wanted to protest but the doctor said that it was ok.

"I- I remember.. I remember Jun. He- we were together. He was.. he was so scared. He told me not to leave but I left him alone... I left him. My mom, she was.. she was killed in front of my eyes-" A sob erupted from his dry lips that send a pang in Jungkook's chest.

He wasn't sure of how much pain Taehyung was bearing at the moment. Remembering your painful past, deaths, and separation.. it wasn't easy.

"You didn't leave. You were separated bun. He never blamed you, not once. In fact, he used to say that you're his guardian angel, you protected him. He used to blame himself for not doing anything when you're-" Jungkook gulped thickly, reminding himself of his dear one being shot two times in his life, which was so difficult for him.

Taehyung was crying and shaking his head in denial. He felt everything happened just now but at the same time, he felt everything so distant.

"Dear one, please don't cry." Taehyung tried to sit but the doctor denied it.

"His stitches will open if he moved harshly. Don't let him sit or move, otherwise, he is out of danger. If you need us, we're in the next cabin." The doctor added and left the room with the nurse to give them a bit of privacy.

Once Jungkook was left with his dear one, he quickly sat beside the lying male and hugged him very carefully. He hid his face in the crock of Taehyung's neck and softly cried his pain out.

Taehyung tensed when he felt the warm tears over his skin and then slowly, the realization dawned upon him. Jungkook was in a prisoner's shirt and had blood stains over the fabric.

"Jungkook?" His hoarse voice asked but Jungkook only tightened his grip over his torso.

"Jungkook? Why?" Taehyung tried to hug back but his arms were under Jungkook's weight and he couldn't move. He really wanted to hug the other.

"I was so scared baby. I thought- I saw your blood a second time, bun. I'm so sorry.. I dragged you into this, I lost him and today I was about to-" Another sob echoed in the room because Jungkook was crying for the very first time in front of the younger like that. Taehyung's heart clenched on hearing the sobs, sending waves of immense pain to his soul. 

Hearing those heart-wrenching sobs, Taehyung's lips wobbled as well when he remembered Yeonjun once again. All of the dreading scenes were now fresh in his mind but, he had someone right beside him.

"Kook?" Jungkook sniffed and partly pulled back on the nickname. His face was red and puffy but his eyes held so much happiness, that gentle glint mixed with utter care.

"Yes baby?" Taehyung tried to smile at that gentle tone and lifted his one hand that Jungkook swiftly grabbed and kissed tenderly.

"I- I missed you a lot." Jungkook just pressed his lips more on the soft skin of the other, smiling as well when that soft voice melted his heart.

"Me too bun."

"I'm so- sorry too. So so sorry. You're arrested because of me, I did this to you while you never deserved it all. I'm sorry that I paid you back so badly. I'm- I'm-" Jungkook shushed him by placing his lips over Taehyung's forehead.