Next morning, the doctor's came and took his mom to the operation theatre. She stayed bold and was ready to face it. Raghav held her hand tightly and kissed her forehead. She touched his cheeks with her hand and smiled.

Later the operation started, and they had already informed that it will take around 3 hours for the operation to get over.

Vicky  went to the cafeteria to have coffee,while Raghav stayed back in the corridor and his mobile buzzed with a call from Nithya.

"Hello Nithya"

"Hello Raghav! Has the operation started?" Arjun had already informed Nithya about Raghav's decision. She texted him the previous night to know about the date of operation.

"Yes.. they took Amma inside sometime back. "

"This is just a small operation Raghav, no need to worry"

"Yeah, if that's the only way to cure her disease, then what to do?" Raghav told her in a dejected tone.

"Why are you sounding worried?" Nithya questioned him as she felt his voice breaking. Raghav was trying hard to control his tears, when she pointed it out, he lost control.

"I can't live without her Nithya! She is my life. The only reason I am alive today is because of her. I can't let her go away just like that. This operation is scaring me... For doctors like you, it's just a daily routine. But for me, this is scaring like hell!!" Raghav cried to Nithya over phone.

"I know how important she is to you Raghav... please control yourself.. she will comeback to you soon... she will comeback stronger than before! believe me" Nithya tried to console him.

"I don't have anyone in my life other than her... " Raghav broke down even more.

"I'm here for you Raghav! please stay strong" Nithya told him. She didn't know what to do. To console someone in person, is easy. But to be an emotional support that too in a very difficult situation like this is really hard.

Raghav didn't seem to stop crying. She thought of something now.

"Raghav, is there anyone else there with you?" She asked him.

Raghav looked around to search for Vicky and he was coming towards him.

"My friend is here Nithya. But why?" Raghav asked her confused.

"Just give your phone to him. I need to talk to him now" she replied.

"Okay... His name is Vicky, I'll pass the phone to him." Raghav replied and handed the mobile to Vicky.

Vicky did not understand why Raghav gave his mobile to him.

"Vicky, my friend Nithya wants to talk to you itseems." He just informed him.

"Hello?" Nithya asked from the other end.

"Erm.. hello?" Vicky replied in confusion.

"Hi I'm Nithya, Raghav's friend. I need to talk to you."

"Yes?"

"Can you please come little away from Raghav and speak?"

"Why? Is there any problem?"

"Please... This is something serious..." She pleaded him and Vicky walked a few steps away from Raghav.

"He can't hear me now. Tell me."

"Thank you. Actually, Raghav was sounding very worried and lonely. More than the patient, their relative's mental health will affect them the most. So kindly take care of Raghav. Please don't leave him alone. " Nithya told Vicky.

"Sure Nithya. I'll take care of him. "

"Was he living alone with his mother?"

"Yes why?"

"He was crying very badly. He sounded emotionally very week, like he was completely dependent on his mother. That's why I asked you."

"Oh okay. That's true because Amma is his whole world "

"I understood that from his words. Kindly take care of him. Never let him alone, his mind is not stable now.." Nithya requested Vicky.

"Sure. Thanks for your concern Nithya. " Vicky assured her.

"Thank you so much Vicky!" She thanked him and ended the call.

"What did she say da?" Raghav asked Vicky once he was back near him.

"Hmm, nothing Machan, she just told how should we take care of Amma after operation." He lied to him on purpose.

"She could have just told it to me na?"

"I guess she thought I was smarter than you!" Vicky winked at Raghav.

Vicky somehow managed to start some random conversation with Raghav and kept him diverted for a while.

Soon the doctors came and informed that the operation got over and his mom was fine. Raghav felt relieved and went inside the room to meet his mother.

To be continued.

Next chapter : Surprise