hybridoma

The next morning, Daria wakes up first, what an unusual thing! Uh oh , turns out that Katrina didn't even sleep last night, her eyes turn red as her nose is runny. She cried throughout the night for Melisa. They had been friends only for a few days but it seems like she can't let Melisa go. Daria then asks, "Katrina? Are you okay? I will try my best to create these monoclonal antibodies…" as Katrina replies, "I can't bear this… This is too much… But I really appreciate your effort to save Melisa, and probably the whole school!"

Daria sighs before saying to himself, "Okay, Daria… okay… I still have today to do the extraction… Okay, Daria… focus."

Sisil then replies, "Okay, I will cook breakfast for you all… Let's see what's available in the fridge… so Daria can start earlier!"

Sisil goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge. They found some good sausage and eggs, just hoping that it wasn't human flesh, LOL! Just kidding, it was a beef sausage, though! Sisil then says, "Aight, I will cook with Renka. Arvia, please help Daria while extracting the spleen from their bodies." And Arvia goes down with Daria to make a cut in Lainey's abdomen. After a few cuts, finally, the spleen is now exposed. They cut the spleen and put it inside a sterile box.

"Now, we are going to extract the antibodies using the Miltenyi magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS) bead Isolation kits. We are going to do the positive selection — in which the B lymphocytes cells are going to be removed from the blood."

Daria tears apart part of the spleen using a sterile PBS and then using RBC lysis buffer to lyse the erythrocytes (RBC). After that, they washed the cell in PBS, counted it, and put it in the ice to preserve the cells. For the labelling step, it took them about 15 minutes for the antibodies to incubate and another 15 minutes for the antibodies to bind with the beads.

"Now we need to wash the cell once again before we resuspend it in the buffer for the antibody sorting," Daria says as Arvia hands him a tube with a 10 ml buffer inside. "Now we are going to separate the B cells from the non-B cells."

After finishing washing the cell and resuspending it, Daria says, "Alright… We need to use the AutoMACS separator to separate the antibodies, but the problem is we don't have that AutoMACS." Daria sighs before saying, "We need to do that in-"

"BREAKFAST IS COMING GUYSS!!!" Sisil screams as she hands in some delicious fried rice with a sunny side up egg with sausage.

"Alright, yeah, we need to eat first, then we will go to the laboratory inside the medical school nearby. We need to sneak inside because we don't have any statement letter." Daria explains while shoving some fried rice to his mouth.

"Umm… why don't you let them do the stuff? I mean, the analyst… they must be there, right?" Sisil asks.

"Ah, yeah, because it may not be suspicious to give a sample with a bunch of unknown antibodies from a human spleen cell…" Daria trying to explain. "IMAGINE how shocked they would be when they realize it's a human spleen cell with a bunch of B cells antibodies to separate…"

"Um yeah, this would be so suspicious! Ugh! So we need to sneak? But, aren't there CCTVs?"

"We need to hack their CCTVs system to become freezing. So, it wouldn't record us, neither will shutting down all black! Instead, it will just freezing. So, it wouldn't cause any suspicion!" Renka suddenly shouts.

"Yeah that sounds great. As far as I know, the CCTV system is connected to the WiFi! We can hack it from there. The problem is neither of us could hack!" Daria explains.

Arvia replies, "Lol then, it must've needed WiFi to properly function, right? Why don't we just turn off the wifi???"

"Yeah, as if like they wouldn't be able to turn it on again!" Daria answers, "We need to make the WiFi to cannot be turned on again... but how???"

Renka replies, "Cut the wires! The router wires!" and she continued, "Probably they will call a technician and they all would focus on the WiFi instead, and no one cares to even check the CCTV!"

"Yeah, but.... CCTV could records us cutting the wire.... I mean, after the wires being repaired and the CCTV turned on, they could see the past recording... We need to hack the WiFi from our device and turning it off. And now if they wanted to turn it on again, we can turn it off again and so on because  we have full control of the WiFi!"

"NO ONE CAN HACK!!!!" Sisil shouts.

"Hey, wanna call Farrel to hack the system?" Arvia asks, while trying to contact Farrel. Not even 10 minutes passed, the wifi has been shut down and the CCTV is now freezed. The CCTV just freezed, so they would've thought nothing had happened.

They went inside the laboratory and did their work, using AutoMACS to seperate the antibodies.

After collecting the MsPH-2 antibodies, those antibodies are being combined with myeloid cells, resulting in hybridoma cell. Hybridoma technology is a method for producing large numbers of identical antibodies. So, by this, they could collect MsPH-2 antibodies in a large amount in a brief amount of time, saving a lot of time, increasing their chance to save Melisa. It is estimated that they could collect twice or more of the initial antibodies count within a day. After finishing with their business, they took the cells home, to prevent spending too much time in the laboratory, decreasing the risk of getting caught.

After a day, the antibodies had been grown twice, enough to be collected as a vaccine for Melisa. They went to Sisil's home after cleaning up that murder scene at Tristan house, only to find Melisa is already gone, nowhere to be found.