Chapter 27: And I Told You...

Senn finds himself in a spot of trouble as Delthaeus has some unprocessed anger towards him and he searches for answers that Senn cannot provide. Things go from bad to worse when someone else joins the interrogation and wants to find out more pressing information and they will stop at nothing to get what they wantAt least until they are interrupted by an unexpected guest and they must hide what they are doing before unneeded questions get asked

Author's note: FINAL 5 CHAPTERS! here we go

please note that we abandoned any form of word count guidance from here on out and, as a result, the coming chapters are considerably longer than the rest - this one in particular XD

please heed the tags going in as this one gets a wee bit violent and someone has a bit of a potty mouth at the beginning...

[EDIT: 07/02/22] I had forgotten how rough this chapter was, holy crap XD(joke's on me tho because there's such a parallel to this one in the sequel)

****************

Senn awoke on a chair in a dark room with only a crack of light bursting through the broken window in front of him. He squinted against the bright beam, his eyes failing to adjust. He wanted to shield them against the abusive light, but on moving his body for the first time, he found that his hands were tightly bound behind his back. Panic set in as he remembered what had happened barely the day before, and his increased pace of breathing and frantic struggling had caught the attention of the Voltaris slouched in the corner of the same room, watching him closely.

Delthaeus was crouched on the floor with his head leant against the wall behind him and looking down his nose at Senn, his gaze piercing the Ardoni's eyes, freezing him on the spot. In his hands, he held Tygren's small iron sword, and he ran his fingers up and down the edge of the blade as he stared at the frightened clanless Ardoni before him. His face was straight, but Senn could see that this Voltaris, who bore the same markings as himself, was twisted, and his intentions were far from good. He began wriggling his hands under his bindings, shaking, not wanting to sit around in uncertainty for one moment longer.

"Oh good," Delthaeus said, standing up. "You're awake. You've been out for quite a while, there, brother."

That last word shocked Senn into paralysis and he stopped struggling to stare at Delthaeus, fear washing over his face

That last word shocked Senn into paralysis and he stopped struggling to stare at Delthaeus, fear washing over his face. Delthaeus liked that and he smiled as he walked closer to Senn.

"We thought you were dead."

"'we'?"

Delthaeus thought for a moment. Senn didn't know about Almrak. He didn't even know about Delthaeus at first, but on looking into the tainted mirror, the darkened colour of the Voltaris in his eyes, he found it hard to believe that it was true. He found it hard to believe that he was of Voltaris blood.

After all these years...

"I suppose you don't know, do you?" Delthaeus holstered his sword on his back and looked down at Senn, his grin thinning his eyes. Senn didn't answer. "It's alright, brother. We wanted to forget about the half-ness, too. Imagine finding out about the Sendaris inside..." He spat that word out as though it took him a great effort to muster.