Chapter 7: But I Never

The Voltaris prepare for everything they have worked on for 154 years to finally come to a head and Achillean has one more play to stop Ingressus from making his biggest mistake

But things go from bad to worse when Ingressus is forced to make a decision he wasn't prepared for

Author's note: I wouldn't normally do this, but if you wanna get into the same mood I was when I was writing this, I had AfterInfinity's 'Salvation' on repeat (I really don't know why - it just worked XD)

here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZKBSGgKi8

stay with me, now...

(I might end up redrawing the art for this one, someday. I wanted it to be epic and I just don't think I quite pulled it off, sadly)

[EDIT: 06/02/22] yeah this drawing actually became a meme I can't believe it XDI have thought about redrawing it but I actually don't think I could...

******************************

The Voltaris had gathered around the portal on Mt Velgrin awaiting the Deathsinger's long-anticipated return. They knew they were not in prime position since their attacks on the clans had failed and they were not in possession of any of the Prime Songs nor had they secured the Enderdragon eggs. But they were out of time and so they had to make do with what they had and adapt, and with the Deathsinger on their side, it was about to become much easier.

Tygren had gathered what forces he could muster from whoever was left in preparation and he held the Sendaris champion's sword tightly in his hands. He was ready. He always was.

The storm above raged on, lighting the skies in blinding white sheets of temper, forks like fists striking the ground before them. There was nothing that anyone could throw at them to stop the coming doom.

Not even the other Ardoni clans as they rallied against them at the summit of the mountain.

"We shall soon see which of us is doomed."

Back in the Nether, Achillean was stood before the Deathsinger as he readied for the portal in the Overworld to become active. If he were to stand any chance in stopping him from walking through it, he needed to get between them, but with the bridge unstable across the chasm of lava, he also needed to do so in a way that stopped either of them from collapsing with it.

Achillean was willing to fight Ingressus, but only if they both lived at the end of it and, after all this time, he had gotten pretty good at it. He only had to keep it going for a little bit longer.

He charged forward, running straight for Ingressus and he blocked his attack, fighting against his force. Without their Songs, this battle was going to take them back to their childhood days of sparring with wooden swords in a clearing in the woods. Only this time, their weapons weren't made of wood and they weren't in a clearing in the woods. They weren't harmless children anymore. They were champions – warriors. Their battles extended past playful, and their emotions extended past innocence and, if they were to have learnt anything from their time in the Nether, it was that neither of them was whole inside – they both had all to play for and they were going to with everything they could give.

The Voltaris were no different. They knew that with the force of the Deathsinger, they were going to grow stronger and rebuild their lost legacy. They, too, had all to play for.

As Tygren's Aggrosphere was diminished in the light of a Nestoris' Supporium Song, he narrowed his eyes against Zulius Kaltaris' disapproving gaze, hardening his look at the betrayers that stood before them.

It was only when the portal had opened that the Voltaris knew they were all out of time. They could no longer hang around waiting for something to happen. They had to do something. They had to protect their plans.