Chapter 73 - Demons and Unseens

Start from the beginning

Sam and Loo traded menacing stares for a few minutes, and then Loo grabbed Sam's face in his hand and squeezed, smiling evilly. He said, "We are your worst nightmare. You think this quest you're on is dangerous! You have NO idea who you're dealing with!" Then Loo lifted Sam by his face and gave a push, and Sam went flying into a tree about 10 feet away. Dean acted instinctively and stabbed Loo with his Angel blade. Loo looked at Dean in total disbelief, let out a pained cry and fell to his knees, a white glow beginning to engulf his body. As they watched, the glow got brighter and brighter, and Loo yelled in pain louder and louder until finally he exploded in a bright white light and disappeared.

Dean looked over at Sam and ran to him to help him up. "What the hell was that?" Asked Sam.

"My guess," said Dean, "is that was one of their dick Angels."

"Huh," said Sam, breathing hard.

"You okay?" Dean asked him.

"Yeah," he answered. "Just got the wind knocked out of me. I didn't see that coming."

"No, neither did I," said Dean. "But at least we know our Angel blades can kill these dicks too.

"Why would an angel try to kill us?" asked Sam.

"Come on Sam, Tarsa did hint that some angels were against us succeeding," Dean answered.

"Yeah!, Well, I think this game just got a little more dangerous," said Sam. "If we can't tell the people here from angels till we stab them."

"Yeah, ya think," said Dean. "You up to moving on?"

"Yeah let's go," he said, pushing off from the tree. "We need to keep our antennas up a lot more seriously," he added.

Katie and Maggie

"Why would a demon be skulking around? Do you think they know the boys aren't here?" asked Maggie.

"I don't know," answered Katie thoughtfully. "But I don't think this has happened before. I'm sure the boys checked on this all the time. If anyone had been skulking around, they would have told us."

"Yeah, in fact," said Maggie, "If demons skulking around here is a normal thing, they would have been much more upset about leaving us, and much more vocal about telling us what to do."

"You're right," said Katie, watching the intruder as he paced around, but always keeping his eyes on the garage door. Katie turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" asked Maggie startled.

"I'm going to see what he's doing here," Katie answered.

"Katie, no!" Maggie yelled, "You can't go up against a demon alone! I'm coming with you."

"No!" Katie said. "I'll be fine. Someone has to stay here to take the girls home." She turned again to leave.

Maggie grabbed her arm and said, "Katie, this is ridiculous. This isn't Armando with a switchblade! This is a demon, with super powers."

Katie stopped and thought. "Okay, go take the girls home and come back. We'll both go out there and talk to him. If he throws me around, gank him."

"Katie, we don't have the demon blade." Maggie said pleadingly.

"We don't need it remember, the Angel blades work just as well."

Maggie sighed and glared at her.

"Look," said Katie. "This is our home! That's a demon skulking around our home! I'm not going to just sit around and wait for more to show up. And I'm damn sure not going to sit around and wait for our boys to come home and save poor little us! We want to be hunters right? So let's hunt."