Chapter 36 - Galand

Slightly Inappropriate - violence

"That appearance..." Galand looks Meliodas over as hell flames emit from his body and wrap around his small frame.

"Power level is 13 000...whoa" Hawk mentions.

He sends a kick to Galand's stomach, followed by a barrage of attacks, and then Meliodas stops, groaning.
You might need to step in.

"Don't get swallowed by the darkness" he mutters to himself.

Oh Meli...

He sends power towards Galand...you hear the others murmuring with shock.
They haven't even realised that Meli is still only half as strong as Galand...he doesn't stand a chance, not even with his far superior skill. You and him both are incomparable to your former power.

"Th-This dark power of yours...Who would've thought...that it would weaken to this degree?" Galand stands, unaffected by Meliodas' power.

He sends his weapon towards Meliodas, you appear in front of him and let it impale you; deciding to put all your trust into someone you've not seen for far too long.

You're both sent flying backwards.

The spear digs into the ground, it's shaft so long you are elevated off the floor, the pain in your chest is searing...but you've had worse.

"MUM!" Elely's scream tears through you, her pain more harmful than your own physical pain.

He pulls it out and laughs, "It seems even you have weakened...how the mighty have fallen" he chuckles.

"Time can be so cruel, eh?"

Meliodas dives forward, calling out your name, Galand easily deflects him, leaving an enormous gash across his chest.

You throw your arm up, if you can weaken yourself to the point of near death, maybe...just maybe he'll step in, you aim your power towards Meliodas and he begins healing at an accelerated rate.

Galand crushes the bones in your arm and you cry out in pain, "Chide yourselves in the afterlife for being so weak!" he shouts.

He brings his weapon up into the air.

"(Y/N)! NO!" You hear Meli scream.

"MUM!" Elely cries out.

Your children's faces flash through your mind, their fathers' faces, your friends faces.
You summon your power, letting your mates mark glow and send your cry for help, knowing he'll feel and receive it immediately.

Zeldris...help.

Zeldris' POV:

Zeldris...help.

I gasp...feeling her energy...she's with Galand. I knew she was in trouble but had no way of knowing the specifics or where she was due to her hiding her presence from me. I assumed nothing would come of the fight as she's the most powerful person I know. It seems I forgot she's not the same as she once was.

I close my eyes...feeling her presence, trying to feel for exactly what is happening.

I find it, forcing my subconscious to join into her own, viewing from her eyes.

She's in pain, Galand stands above her, raising his weapon, ready to bring it down on her head.

She is already significantly injured...why is she using her power on others? Damnit! Still the same selfless woman!

She can't move, she stares at Galand...this is her cry for help. Is she so weak now she cannot stand up to him? What happened to all of her power? I know her too well to know she hasn't just 'lost' it.
Unless she could stand up to him, you know she would never truly give up when it means leaving the people she cares about without her protection. Unless this is a cry for help with the purpose of expressing how much she trusts me. As all of these thoughts cross my mind in an instant, a small smile flashes on my face.
Does she want me to prove that I still love her?
Does she want to know if at the end of the day i'll always protect and put her first?
Does she want to prove to me that she still trusts me completely? So much so that she'd put her life on the line.