Chapter 4 - King?

Slightly inappropriate - violence

You take Ban's hand as you stand around the field the kid's told us was the entrance to the Necropolis.

Before you know it, the entire place is covered in flowers and the others come running up towards you.

In a moment like this, you can't help but think of her.

Then everything changes, the flowers blow around you all as the wind picks up. 

When you open your eyes, everything is different.

FLASHBACK #1:

You haven't been to the Fairy King's Forest in decades. You wonder how Elaine is doing.

As you get to the Fountain of Youth (where you're guessing your old friend is) a flash of yellow and white is seen in your peripheral.

"Hey Elaine"

"(Y/N)!!!!!" she flies to you and you hug her.

"I haven't seen you in a very long time" she says.

"Yeah...I've been around. Seen your brother yet?" you ask.

"No...he hasn't been back"

"How is it guarding the Fountain?"

"Usually easy...but this one man won't stop coming up here...honestly, he should be dead"

"Maybe I should deal with him" you say just as a man jumps up.

He smirks when observing you, his white-ish hair glistens and his red eyes sharpen as his stance grows stiffer.

"He's kinda hot" you whisper to Elaine and she giggles.

"Oi, who the hell are you?" he asks.

"I should be asking you that...ass" you add.

He pulls out nunchucks that glow purple. You jump infront of Elaine and prepare for an attack but nothing ever comes.

Next thing you know, he has the cup from the Fountain of Youth.

You dive at him and push him to the floor, Elaine uses her powers to collect the cup and take it back to the Fountain.

You hold the man down, sitting on his chest and using your strength to hold his arms down.

"Hey...you're pretty strong for someone so cute" he grins.

"Elaine...we all good?" you ask.

"Yes, the fountain is safe. Please (Y/N), let me deal with him"

You release him and jump off of his body, branches quickly wrap around him as Elaine gets up in his face.

She accuses him of being a no-good selfish human.

"If the Fountain of Youth disappears, everything in this forest will wither and die. So give up your quest and leave this place"

"Huh. Alright, fine." the man says.

Your head snaps towards his direction...is he serious? He's just gonna give up? like that?

The branches remove themselves from him but he doesn't move.

"Who in the world are you?" You hear Elaine ask him softly.

"Bandit Ban's my handle around here"

"Ban" you say quietly, testing out his name...easy to say.

"How bout you kid?"

"Oh no, I'm not a child. My name's Elaine...this is (Y/N), I guess she's like a sister to me" you smile at her willingness to share. She must have read his mind, maybe he's actually a nice guy.