1.21 - Guitar Villain

Start from the beginning

"So, are you two interested?"

"Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You want (Y/N)  and I to design the album cover for Jagged Stone?!" Marinette fangirls.

"Our all-time favorite singer?!" (Y/N) excitedly says.

"That's right, requested by Jagged Stone himself." Bob confirms. "I brought a few visuals so you two can get a sense of what we're going for." Bob hands a album disk to (Y/N) who stares at it at strangely.

"This doesn't seem like Jagged Stone material, more like... a perfume ad?" (Y/N) questions the man, immediately Jagged would hate this.

"It's the direction of his new image, more modern." Bob strangely says.

"Really, wow!" Marinette says.

"I was thinking more along the lines of leather and sweat-" (Y/N) before she cuts herself off at the face Bob was giving her.

"Don't think! This is what is selling these days."  Bob clears his throat.

"Sure." (Y/N) raises an eyebrow at the man.

"One last thing Ms. Marinette and Ms. (Y/N), we're in a hurry. We need a proposal before the end of the day. You two up to it?" Bob questions.

Marinette and (Y/N) share a look before Marinette turns to her parents asking for permission. Her parents nod with proud looks on their faces and Marinette gives the answer.

"Yeah, okay!"

"See you later then!" Bob says as he exits the store.

"My daughters! Famous fashion and newly acclaimed album cover designers!" Tom proudly says and Sabine happily nods along, "You two are gonna kill it!"

(Y/N) was taken aback. A... daughter? His.. daughter? Their... daughter? She couldn't believe it.

Tom and Sabine bring the girls into a family hug, which was something (Y/N) couldn't remember her own family giving her.

"Sorry if Tom made you uncomfortable, sweet pea. It's just that we love you so much!" Sabine kisses (Y/N)'s forehead, after she kissed Marinette's.

"O-Of course not! I just don't... I'm not used to having..." (Y/N) couldn't find the right words, beginning to twist the ring on her finger as she grew anxious, "I'm not used to.. this." Was the only thing (Y/N) could get out, refusing to look anyone in the eyes.

Tom and Sabine already knew of (Y/N)'s circumstance. A father that can never be home and a mother she'd never mention. (Y/N) didn't tell them that though. To be blunt, (Y/N) told Marinette, and Marinette told her parents.

"You might not be used to the things you are supposed to be used to, however in this household, we do nothing but love and care for our children. We Dupain-Cheng's look out for each other. That includes, you." Tom pats the teary-eyed girl's head gently.

"Huh, (Y/N) Dupain-Cheng? I always wanted a sister!" Marinette smiles as he tightly hugs her friend.

The family continues their group hug, the love and warmth exuding from them seeping into the heart of the broken and healing the cracks.

(Y/N) may be a (L/N), legally, but now that she knows that there is a family somewhere that loves her like their own, and emotionally, she'll call herself a Dupain-Cheng.