1.2 - The Bubbler

(Y/N)'s POV:

My sleep was interrupted by a loud alarm and a shout of 'Happy Birthday."

Marinette had invited me to her house for a sleepover because she wanted someone to stay up and help her with her present for the birthday boy, Adrien Agreste.

"Happy birthday!" I hear Marinette say to her computer once again, placing a not so subtle kiss on the screen (Her wallpaper was basically a shrine of Adrien's face).

"Alright lover girl, tone it down. I'm still sleeping!" I shout, throwing a pillow at the overly energetic girl.

"I can't! We totally have to get dressed so I... I mean.. we can go see Adrien and give him our gifts!" Marinette dodges the pillow with her weirdly flexible abilities and comes and shakes me vigorously.

"I get it! I'll meet you downstairs!" I laughed at her antics, slowly removing myself from the bottom bunk.

Marinette basically races downstairs after we get dressed, pulling me behind her. Having no choice but to slow down once she almost fell over the side.

"Marinette, don't forget to clean your room after school!" Her mom warns as we get to the door.

"Mom! It's Friday! I'm already doing something with Alya!" Marinette complains.

"Fine. I'll go ahead and clean it, but don't blame me if I find your private stuff. Like your e-mails... your diary..." Marinette's mom drags out, making Marinette freak out.

"Okay! I'll do it!" Marinette complies going to give her mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Have a nice day sweetie! You too, (Y/N)!" Her mom smiles.

"Thank you! You have a great day as well Mrs. Dupain-Cheng!" I smile back, walking behind Marinette.

|~|

"Dude seriously? Has your dad always been such a downer? Doesn't he remember what it's like to be young and wanna party a little!" Nino complains to Adrien, blowing bubbles as he did so.

"No, I'm pretty sure he was a downer back then too. At least I tried." Adrien sighs.

"It's your b-day dude! Insist!" Nino tries.

Marinette, Alya, and I all listen to their conversation waiting for Marinette to gain courage to approach Adrien.

"Marinette, I'll be going with you. There's no need to be afraid." I whisper, making sure the boys don't hear me.

"You can do it!" Alya chants quietly to her.

Marinette repeats Alya's statement, but quiets down when she hears Nino beginning to talk again.

"You know what, I'm gonna have a little chat with your pops!" Nino bargains.

"Don't waste your time, he won't change his mind." Adrien sadly states.

"He might if enough of us asked him. I just need someone else to come with me.." Nino trails off.

"I can't do it!" Marinette shakes.