1.6 - Mister Pigeon

3rd Person POV:

"You only have one day to work on your fashion piece and it must be your own design. In ten hours you'll finish your presentation and it will be judged none other than the great fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. The father of our very own student, Adrien Agreste!" Mr. Damocles announces to the class.

When his name was mentioned, Adrien awkwardly smiles and waved to everyone.

"In fact, Adrien will model the winning design in his next photoshoot! And now to announce this years theme... Derby Hats!"

"Derby hats?" Marinette whispers to the girls beside her. The girls previous excitement leaving her body all at once.

Chloe, ever so nasty as always, shoots a thumbs down to the trio, smirking as Sabrina quietly cackles behind her.

                                       |~|

"Derby hats..... Derby hats.... Derby hats.... I don't have any derby hat designs! I've got top hats, caps, even two-horned hats! Need a beret? I'm your girl. Need a sombrero? No problemo! But a derby!" Marinette stresses to the two girls who sat on the bench as she paces back and forth, flipping through her design book. "You know what? It wouldn't even matter. I'll probably make a fool out of myself at the event, most likely trip over my stupid derby and collapse on Mr. Agreste! Give him a full blown concussion and Adrien will hate me! I'll never be a world renowned fashion designer! My life is over!"

Marinette wallows in a pit of despair, putting her head on (Y/N)'s lap. The latter patting the girl's head softly.

"Okay, okay. All of this over a derby hat?" Alya question Marinette. "Lemme see your sketch pad, girl."

"There must be something in there." (Y/N) looks inside the sketchbook alongside Alya, still playing with the bluenette girl's hair.

"Forget it, I'm a disaster zone. I'll probably mess everything up in the end." Marinette sounds almost ready to cry, as she takes her head off of (Y/N)'s lap and places it more into her stomach, semi giving her a hug. (Y/N) hugs the girl back giving some strength to the insecure girl.

"Wow Alya, those are some awesome designs." A masculine, bright, and very familiar voice calls. This voice sends Marinette into a panic and she jumps away from (Y/N)'s hold and loses her balance, falling to the floor. "I didn't know you had such mad skills!"

"Thanks Adrien, but I can't take the credit!" Alya waves her hand at the boy.

"So these are (Y/N)'s then? You didn't tell me you designed things." Adrien turns to the (h/c) girl.

At her name, (Y/N) finally snaps out her state of chuckling silently at the bluenette on the floor who was trying to hide under the bench to no avail.

"These aren't mine either, these designs belong to Marinette." (Y/N) tells him, Marinette now forced to get off the floor.

Marinette giggles and waves awkwardly to him.

"Pretty sick, right?" Alya asks, trying to get him to compliment Marinette.

"You're super talented, Marinette. You seriously have a good chance of winning!" Adrien flashes one of his award winning smiles.

"Uh... yeah! I... like... um... designs that uh... go... upwards?" Marinette tries to speak.

Cue Alya forming an 'X' with her arms and
(Y/N) facepalming.