11. Souls Finally Free

~ One Week Later

~(Time Skip to Quan Chi's Fortress)

Upon arrival to the sorceror's fortress in the Neatherrealm, Sonya and Johnny entered the lair in tracking him down as he escaped after Shinnok's defeat. Along with some soldiers, Flare teleported there in means of helping them find Quan Chi.

"Nope...no sorcerors in here," said Johnny as he and Sonya climbed down the stairs in searching the area.

"Would you get serious?" Sonya sarcastically asked.

"Quan Chi needs to clean up his man-cave," Johnny commented.

"It's much cleaner than yours," Sonya joked.

"You're comparing me to Quan Chi?" Johnny questioned, looking offended at Sonya.

"Only in terms of cleanliness," Sonya joked.

While the pair, Flare, and the soldiers were searching the peremeter, Flare was looking concerned for what her allies may think of her and what Quan Chi is up to now that Shinnok is imprisoned again with her best friend at his side.

"God, I hope my demonic form does not appear again,"Flare thought to herself as she looked at her ring again. "This better work."

"Feeling okay, Fireball?" Johnny asked from behind her.

"Yeah, just the place looks tense that its been told," Flare answered, trying to get her mind together.

"I know its been tough since our encounter with Shinnok, Master Ni, but we are getting there," Sonya comforted in hopes of relieving stress from Flare. "When we're done with Quan Chi, we'll find a way in getting our friends back." Flare looked back up at the pair and nodded at them to show that she is back on track on the mission.

The pair walked up towards a pool of blood, Johnny looking more curious of what it is.

"What's this?" Johnny questioned out of curiosity as he squated down to take a closer look.

"I wouldn't do that," Sonya warned with a smirk on her face.

"Ah,come on," Johnny exclaimed. "Where's your sense of..." The pool of blood then slowly unleashed power circling the pool.

"Adventure?"

While watching the pool being circled with magic, the pair and Flare then saw a portal being opened with Quan Chi arriving with revenants of a demonic woman, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Jax. They had their guns and gear ready for action for their attack.

"You wish for adventure?" Quan Chi called. "You shall have it."

The soldiers fired their guns at the sorcerors and the revanents, but Quan Chi formed a wall of skulls in defending him and his revanents. With no shots fired, the wall was deformed and Sub-Zero frozed half of the soldiers with his ice ball and the demonic woman striked and teleported from behind of the soldiers and slashed their bodies back to Quan Chi's stance.

"I have no need of your soldiers," Quan Chi claimed. "But you and Mister Cage will serve me well. Once you are dead. Especially you, Flare. Soon you will be back as one of my revanents."

The trio engaged with the revanents and Quan Chi, with Johnny taking on Jax and Sub-Zero, Sonya taking on Scorpion and Quan Chi, and Flare taking on the demonic demon. They threw each other strikes, but they continuously blocked them until the demonic woman took an upper kick to Flare's face. After a hard kick, she wiggled her face until she was focused. The demonic woman then took on her demonic form, having dark red scale-skin like hers except she has two horns on her head and a long tail with a pointy edge. She tried to telelport and strike Flare from behind and Flare backflipped high enough to grab her kunai from her leg and slash her on the demonic woman's back. Feeling the pain, the demonic woman transformed to her normal form.