9. Operation: Sub-Zero

Days have passed and yet another tournament has begun. Since Liu Kang's victory against Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn offered one final tournament in exchange for sparing Earthrealm.

For Flare, who ran her errands and training, couldn't care less of what battles she is chosen to fight. But as more time passed, the voices has just keep on coming to her head. However, she did noticed that Quan Chi has the ability to summon whoever is in his command and that the voices become louder whenever she is near him. After striking many punches at a dummy, she finally came to a stop where she thought to herself of what Raiden's words were. No longer wanting to tolerate the torture, she teleported herself to Quan Chi's fortress in Outworld.

As soon she reached her destination, she spotted the entrance to Quan Chi's fortress, which was not guarded by anybody. Before she went in, she pulled out her katana from her back, only except came with flames using her fire power. While walking inside the fortress filled with torches, a pool of blood at the center, a bookshelf, a chest, and a desk at the end, Flare started to hear voices in her head which led her to face the bookshelf. From there was a showing a glowing flame on a book spine with her name on it. After picking out the book from shelf, Flare opened the book and slowly looked over the pages until it showed images of a prophecy which shocked her before her eyes.

A monstrous version of herself aligned with the same person in the mysterious hoodie that she's been seeing in her visions along with the god of Chaos, Shinnok, conquering realms and destroying everything and everyone in it. Even showing her how she ended up in Earthrealm for which her mother sent her away to die and escape Shao Kahn's wrath through a portal. What frightened Flare the most that made her shed a tear was that she had blood on her hands and it was her killing everyone that she cares and close to her. Too shocked and frightened by the truth of what she truly is and what it is bound to happen to her in the future, she put the book back on the shelf. That was until an eerie voice in her head was calling to her from a mysterious chest under Quan Chi's desk. Flare opens the chest and find a silver glowing ring which she slowly slides to her index finger, actually ended the voice sounds in her head. With the truth being shown, footsteps were heard nearby that Flare quickly exited the fortress through a portal back to the Netherrealm.

Arriving to their lair in the Netherrealm, Scorpion was no where to be found. "If not around, he must be at the tournament." Flare thought to herself. "I must arrive there quickly." Before she could teleport herself to the tournament at the Koliseum, she was teleported without her consent to the Soul Chamber in Outworld. As confused as she was of where she would be at the Soul Chamber, she turned around to initiate a portal to the Koliseum, which that is until she saw someone she didn't expect to see her coming from afar.

 As confused as she was of where she would be at the Soul Chamber, she turned around to initiate a portal to the Koliseum, which that is until she saw someone she didn't expect to see her coming from afar

"How in the hell is this possible?!" Flare exclaimed. "You're not Sub-Zero!"

"I'm not," said the Sub-Zero imposter. "My name is Kuai Liang. The Sub-Zero who you leader executed was my brother. You are Shirai Ryu, but you are not Scorpion."

"Whether you are him or not, I will finish you!" Raya yelled as she created a fire back from her hand. From running fire balls and countering icicles, Flare jumped high and grabbed her katana from her back. Sub-Zero formed his own sword to wager her strength, but he overpowered him and continuously throwing her punches and kicks in rage until he was knocked to the ground. Before she could finished him, Sub-Zero frozed half of her body until he got the upper hand to knock her unconscious.

"I did not wish for that to happen," said Sub-Zero. Before he could leave, Jax and Sonya arrived.

~ Few Hours later

Awaken from her fight with Sub-Zero, Flare slowly realize her body is different which frightened her a lot. Having dark scales and red rocky skin on her body. Seeing that this was part of the prophecy of her that was to happen in the future, she was about to freak out and hide before anyone could see her. Luckily a glowing light on her finger shined that that the redness on her skin was slowly fading away into her normal skin.  Even more shocking to realize the truth of everything she saw today, she proceeded to arrive at the Koliseum.

Upon her arrival was Scorpion being called upon by Quan Chi's magic whereas Sub-Zero demanded after completing a fight.

"What is this?" Scorpion questioned. "You are not Sub-Zero!"

"I am his family and clan." Sub-Zero claimed. "I fight for his honor."

"He had no honor!" Scorpion yelled. "And you will die as he did!"

As the rivals fought from their punches kicks, flames, swords, and icicles, Sub-Zero had the upperhand in defeating Scorpion. To much as Flare disbelieves in whether this Sub-Zero wanted revenge for his brother or not, she didn't hesitate to not intervene to back her leader up. That is until a a bunch of Cyber-Lin Kuei robots surrounded Sub-Zero into cybernizing him to one of them. Later then everyone know that, a yellow and a red cybernetic robot approached Shao Kahn before him.

"Who now interrupts the emperor's tournament?" Shang Tsung questioned.

"We request that we may return him to our temple for judgement," the red robot claimed.

"And what do I gain from granting this bold request?' Shao Kahn questioned in a superior voice.

"The Lin Kuei's loyalty and service," the yellow robot answered as he bowed to the emperor of Outworld.

"Very well. He is yours," said Shao Kahn, watching in a delighted mood for being offered a service from a clan like the Lin Kuei.

"No! I will not be turned!" Sub-Zero screamed in agony just as the Cyber-Lin Kuei t vanished one by one, taking him with them.

From her leader's departure and Sub-Zero's capture, Flare took her leave back to their cave in the Neatherrealm. Upon her arrival, she didn't see Scorpion anywhere, so she laid on her bed to digest every spill of the truth that she saw through her eyes. Lifting her hand up to look at the ring that she took in Quan Chi's lair, a tear was slightly shed from her eyes as in all of the pain and depression coming to her mind.

"Half-human, half-demon, half-demigod, my biological mother sending me away to die to prevent a chaotic prophecy of me to happen, Shinnok conquering Earthrealm and Outworld," Flare thought to herself. "How come you never mentioned anything to me? Is that all that happened before we were ressurected?" That is until she started to piece all the pieces together whereas the truth was hidden by her own leader and her closest friend, which she didn't expect from him to do.

"Hanzo, how could you?" Flare cried as she tried her hardest to hold her anger and rage. " No wonder why you've been harsh and overprotective of me. I may not know why you would hide this from me or why you gave me another chance in life, but I will pray to the Elder gods that one day we will come to terms and that we will find our peace for family and clan whether I am human or not." With thoughts of sadness and anger flowing through her mind, she crushed her blanket in resisting it for what is to come next for her future.