6. A Fire Rises

~Hanzo's POV~

In the Neatherealm, Hanzo unconcious and souless body is wrapped up in chains while blood flows through his body from Earthrealm. While slowly opening his eyes, sharpening sounds screeched as a demon torturer pushes and pulls his tools back and forth. Knowing from where he is hanging and his current condition, he closed his eyes breathelessly and motionlessly. As the demon torturerer walked towards Hanzo with a sharpened and heated axe, he checked to see if Ready for the right time, Hanzo instantly opened his eyes and pushed his head back and forth to the demon torturer's head with all his might. Because of the headbutt, the demon torturer threw his axe which ended up cutting Hanzo's chains.

Now released and the demon torturer, Hanzo immediately broke the chains before taking off. After miles of running in the Neatherealm, an arena of a throne was spotted. Approaching from the stairs was a man in white and red markings sitting on the throne.

"Shinnok!"Hanzo yelled. "I demand that you send me back!" He fought with the tools that he got form the demon torturer while the man used sorcery magic. Too obsessed to fight with anger, the man lifted Hanzo upside down using his magic.

"Let me go, evil sorcerer!" Hanzo demanded.

"Ha ha!" The evil sorcerer laughed. "Like you are the ones to give any demands." The sorcerer slowly started raising a fist with his magic to squeeze and break Hanzo's bones little by little. While enjoying his screams in agony, he stopped his magic and dropped him to the ground.

"You misunderstand, my intentions, Master Hasashi," the man replied.

"How do you know my name?" Hanzo questioned, holding his left arm as it is soar.

"Allow me to introduce myself," the man requested. "My name is Quan Chi, follower of Lord Shinnok, disciple of Shao Kahn."

"Is this supposed to be something I should know or fear about?" Hanzo questioned doubtfullly.

"Only by one fact: I am a man with many offers," Quan Chi answered. "What brings you to the Neatherrealm? No soul has walked and made it here alive."

"A man with ice powers killed me, my friend, my family, and clan. I wish to return home. To seek my revenge," Hanzo declared.

"Is that what you really desire?" Quran Chi questioned. Hanzo gave him a look of desperation until he listened for what Quan Chi had to say.

"Once a generation, there is a tournament," Quan Chi explained. "During that time, the veil is lifted, so that warriors may gather to fight on behalf of their realm. I could send you there."

"Why would I fight for you?" Hanzo asked doubtfully.

"Because he will be in attendance," Quan Chi answered. He pulled out a magical image of Sub-Zero, making Hanzo more desperate to seek out his revenge. Seeing no choice of what to do where he stands, Hanzo accepts Quan Chi's offer.

"What do you want?" Hanzo asked.

"Good. Skilled and smart," Quan Chi complimented. "My master, Shao Kahn plans on conquering the realms and yet he currently needs to win one more tournament. Help win this tournament and I can help you get your revenge and better yet, restore your family and clan. Do we have a deal, Hanzo?" Quan Chi offered.

Before Hanzo could accept the sorcerers' deal, he looked on the side of the throne and saw a body he was familiar with and didn't expect to see, Raya's dead corpse. He rushed to her lifeless body, but was shocked to see how it is showed. Her body was no longer the smooth light skin he always saw, but with red scaled, cuts, and a huge hole on her chest.

"What is her body doing here?" Hanzo questioned with worrisome.

"You don't know what she is really capable of, do you Hanzo?" Quan Chi asked. He let out his magic to show visions of her future visually. Turns out that she is born with powers of Shinnok and that she would be able to bring destruction to all the realms.

"She resembles the powers of Shinnok, which I'm sure you know what he is capable of," Quan Chi claimed. "She was born angelically and joyfully and her parents was blessed. That is until Shinnok became corrupted with the power he possesses and her mother was hunted by Tarkatans, so she had to send her child away."

Feeling sorrow and the pain that his friend would be face, he was willing take his chances of having her back. "Can you revive her?" Hanzo asked.

"I thought that you would ask," Quan Chi assumed. "Is there anything else that you would need on your way, Hanzo?"

"Hanzo is dead. Call me Scorpion." Hanzo declared.

~Minutes Later

Time passes later, Hanzo's corpse became bloodied and lifeless to strong built, wearing a skull looking mask in Shirai Ryu ninja outfit. As he rises from the dead, he walked towards Satoshi's corpse, making him tear up. That is until he saw Raya's corpse near where Sub-Zero killed her. He rushed to her body, which is appears to be normal again but now wearing a black ninja outfit. While trying to find a sign of consciousness, the hole on her chest started to regenerate. Unbeknownst to Hanzo, eerie voices flowed to Raya's mind which only she can sense, saying "Flare". Suddenly, Raya opened her eyes, which were now blood-red.

 Suddenly, Raya opened her eyes, which were now blood-red