7. One Stand, One Fallen

~ Time Skip - Mortal Kombat Tournament

On the day of the tournament, many kombants arrived late at night like Raiden, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kitana, and Jade. While waiting at the side of Scorpion and Quan Chi, Sub-Zero was nowhere to be found. However, there was a woman in a Lin Kuei outfit, a man in a red-colored Lin Kuei outfit, a man in a yellow-colored Lin Kuei outfit, and a man in a smokish gray outfit.

At the top of the throne was located, Shao Kahn sat on it while his daughter, Mileena, Shang Tsung, and a cowboy in a black and red leather jacket were at his side.

"Kombatants," Shang Tsung called. "I am Shang Tsung! In the coming days, each of you will fight. Some are here of their own volition. Others were brought here by chance."

While Shang Tsung explained the rules and the terms of the tournament, Scorpion kept his eye out for Sub-Zero. That is until he called out the first fight.

"Our first kombatant will be Kung Lao!" Shang Tsung announced. The man appeared as he removed his bodyguard disguise and put on his sharp hat on his head. "Your opponent will be Baraka!" The monstrous Tarkatan jumped out of the audience to the stage area and pops out his blades.

"Smile and the realms smile with you," Kung Lao spoked.

"I'll smile when you swing from the meathook," Baraka snarled.

"Not going to happen, Baraka!" Kung Lao exclaimed, swishing his sharp hat.

As they prepare their first move, they waited for the announcement for the fight to start.

"FIGHT!" Shang Tsung yelled.

While they both started to strike their punches, kicks, stabs, and shed out their sweat and blood, the cowboy couldn't help but bother to stare at the person in a black hood that was next to Scorpion. From the hood's stance, she was waiting patiently for the fight to be over and if Sub-Zero would show up.

From Raiden's stance, he could notice and tell what the cowboy was thinking as he looked back at the person with the hood. Til he looked back at the fight, he started to receive a vision in his mind: a demon screeching and starting off a killing spree. From seeing the picture of what is to come, Raiden felt shocked but also kept quiet to avoid be in conspicuous.

"Lord Raiden, are you all right?" Liu Kang asked, looking at him concerned.

Raiden would've answered but then the battle was over. Kung Lao defeated Baraka after striking him so many punches in an instance and throwing his hat spinning towards him. As defeat for Baraka was to come, Raiden glance at the hood, wondering what was to come for this person.

"FINISH HIM!" Shang Tsung yelled.

Kung Lao threw his hat spinning on the ground and kicked Baraka closed to it. Before he could get away from the sharpness, Kung Lao put his foot on his head, pushing him down for it to be bisected.

"Kung Lao wins!" Shang Tsung announced.

The audience appauled as Kung Lao got off the stage.

"The tournament will resume at dawn!" Shang Tsung announced.

Everyone started to take their leave. Raiden, however, walked towards the hooded figure, but the figure and Scorpion teleported away.

"Lord Raiden, what is wrong?" Liu Kang asked concernedly.

"I just had a strange vision." Raiden answered. "Of a fated relationship, but a monstrous catastrophe that could bring harm to the realms, including herself. But she may be a face for hope and peace."