1. Prologue

There once lived an old sorceress named Lilith who was on the run from Outworld's emperor, Shan Kahn because of her child. Knowing that it was not safe for her child in Outworld, she created a portal, not knowing where it would take her. Before she could throw her child in the portal, she looked at her one last time.

"I'm sorry, my darling. But this is for the best," said Lilith, her heart breaking like a ship sinking.

Hearing the Kahn guards coming nearby, she finally released her baby into the unknown as the portal was about to close. Til then she know, Kahn guards surrounded her, unknowingly how much power she had left of her to defend herself.

After going through the loud sounds of water, the baby cried loud that she could not see what was lying ahead of her, a waterfall. Luckily, a ninja in yellow with black stripes caught the baby as the other ninjas came by to him.

"What can we do with the baby, Master Hasashi? We don't know where its been," a ninja asked.

He looked the baby in the eye and saw only what came to him to make his decision. "We'll take the baby. We may not know where it came from, but the child does deserve from protection and nursing," Master Hasashi answered, signaling the other ninjas to follow him.

He carried the baby as he and the other ninjas run back to their clan, the Shirai Ryu, at their compound. Finally reaching the gates, he ordered the ninjas to return to their homes and their posts.

The ninjas walked quietly back to their homes, but Master Hasashi decided to give the baby to somebody he knew would be best to take care of the baby, the Ni Family. He walked past through the wooden wells, gardens, and farms, which was a little bit farther from where he lives. He finally reached the small house that always got him emotional and knocked on the door. The door opened, only for a man, in cotton clothing to greet him and offered him to come in. His wife then pulled down a tray of tea to the ground as Master Hasashi and her husband kneeled down to sit.

"So what brings you to our house in the middle of the night, old friend?" the man asked as he offered a cup of tea to him.

"Earlier tonight, I found a baby flowing down a river, crying. I didn't know where the parents or where it came from, but I figured that the child deserves to be taken care of. I knew how much you and Sakura wanted to have kids, so I thought I'd send one to you, Haruki," Master Hasashi explained as he laid the baby down next to his old friend.

The baby did nothing but make the Sakura cried tearfully in joy to grab and carry the child in her hands. Haruki shake his friend's hand with both his hands as he crawled and kneeled to bow to him with grace.

"Thank you so much, Master Hasashi! Thank you for bringing a blessing to our home!" Haruki cried with his head down in tears.

Master Hasashi gently pulled his head up to show him his pardon of his bow. "No need to bow, old friend.  I am always happy to help you and your wife. Know that this child is more than welcome to come over at my palace," Master Hasashi implored as he got up on his feet to leave the house.

"Will be anything on your way back home, Master Hasashi?" Sakura asked, while still in joyful tears. "Just for you and your husband to rest peacefully," Master Hasashi answered with a smile before leaving the house.

Haruki walked over to his wife with his arms around her. "Are you sure we can take care of this baby, Sakura? We don't know where this child came from or who her parents are?" Haruki asked his wife with a concerned look.

"Honey, this child might be a blessing from the elder gods. You know how much we wanted to have kids. We tried but it didn't turn out the way wanted. But this child may actually make our dream come true. No matter what or who she is meant to be, we can be capable to raising a child," Sakura answered with pity.

Agreeing with his wife without hesitation, he came to a sense of what parenthood challenges they will face, but know that they will go through it together. "What are we going to call it?" Haruki asked.

"By the looks of the body, it is a girl. And you and Master Hasashi's friendship gave me an idea. We'll name her Raya," Sakura answered with a smile on her face.