Part 14: Our final alone time together.

bro nearly 2K?? srsly ty all so much.

again, sorry for the wait!!!

------------------------------------------

Dimitrescu sipped her wine gently, gazing towards the fire as it crackled eerily.

She seemed bitter, her eyebrows furrowed, zoning out a lot, being generally irritable, the usual signs of fury she showed, the things she'd do try to tell me to leave her be.

But I just couldn't sit still. My brain was still going at one thousand miles an hour.

How did I recognize him? Why did he look so much like the man in my dreams, and what does that mean? I had so many unanswered questions.

But instead of asking, I sat in silence, fidgeting with the couch.

"You can speak again," she reassured me, her voice low, quiet, and monotone.

"I know, I'm just choosing not to."

She swirled the wine inside the glass, almost entrancing me as I watched the liquid dance around to its own sonnet, its own melody.

"Lucky me I suppose."

Her expression loosened, eventually, her turning to me, looking confused when I had no response.

"What's wrong? Please, just tell me. You seemed off for nearly the entire week. I need to know, dearest."

Dimitrescu placed the glass back down on the table, turning to me, sighing when she had no response.

"What happens if I don't feel happy here anymore?"

Alcina didn't move. She looked stiff, barely seeming to breathe.

Then, she whispered one single word.

"Why?"

"No reason. I'm not contemplating it, there's no need to worry. I just want to know."

She let out a sigh of relief.

"Good. And, I'd probably lead you to the hill away from here. There's a passage to leave if you go through the forest."

"Don't lie to me," I whispered, almost hissing.

She looked startled, really; eyes widened, brows upturned. Then soon, a smile crept along her lips, as she raised a brow.

"I didn't know you could read me. Intriguing"

"Intriguing? I've known you for years, Alcina."

"I know. I just never thought a mortal would be able to understand my emotions," She breathed, seeming to zone out of the situation, eventually turning to me after a moment.

"If you want me to be honest with you, then fine. I just simply wouldn't let you leave, no ifs, no buts. It's not safe out there, you're so weak compared to everything out there that could hurt you. Bruise you, kill you, rip you apart, limb by everloving limb, then eat you, all while you're still breathing. I'd rather die than see that happen to you. I just know you will die if you try to leave, and it'll be such a waste, too.

All of that blood squandered on some rabid dogs. You might as well slit your wrist and pour it down a drain."

She sipped the remaining bits of her crimson wine, placing it back down on the table.

"Okay," I whispered, my mouth dry, as I realized just how parched I was.

"Would you like a drink, dearest?"

"Please."

She poured me some wine, filling her own glass, as I took mine, drinking it almost instantly.

"Calm down. That's your blood you're drinking, so you'll have to make up for it."

"I know, I'm just dehydrated."

"No, dear, you're just greedy," She smiled, taking a slow, organized, graceful sip.

Her mood had finally shifted back to a state of equilibrium, as per usual.

"It's a shame we didn't get the human, but I shouldn't dwell on it. I'm fortuitous since I have you to drink from- I mean, I have you to love instead."

She put an arm around me, as I nuzzled my head into her torso.

"Why are you being so touchy?" She laughed, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead, as I just sighed, letting go of her and attempting to let go.

She took my hand, grabbing onto it.

"No, dear. Don't," She ordered, seeming more powerful than usual, more... dominant.

"What?"

"You heard me. Stay like that."

I smiled along with her, moving closer.

"Fine."

I moved back in place, her kissing my head gently as I did so.

"Well, now the man-things dead, we can go back to the usual. Springs on her way, and then we can go back to gardening, try and make some different flower arrangements this time, maybe even take in an animal. I know you've always wanted a kitten."

I gasped, giggling, clinging onto her.

"I'd die for one. They're precious, tiny, adorable pets which run around and sleep and cuddle and-"

"So, you?"

"No. Think fluffier."

She looked amused for a moment, soon wafting her hand in the air.

"I know. Just keep it away from the Lycans."

"Yeah, okay. I'll take care of it, feed it, pet it, love it, water it, play with it-"

"Yes, dearest. You've told me a million times."

Soon, I yawned, snuggling into her once again.

"Are you falling asleep?"

I nuzzled my face into her dress as she stroked my hair with her hand.

"Alright. I wanted to try something, but that's fine. Sleep well, my pet."

And that was my last intimate interaction with Alcina. The final one.

Our final alone time together.

---------------------------

btw requests will open soon so if you want to comment some already so I can think of ideas on how to write it, please do! 

tysm!!!