Part 6: Virgin's blood.

TW: Blood

--------------------------------------

She passed me a glass, a moment after holding it up to the light.

"What is it?" I asked, taking it in my hands.

"Have a taste. Try and guess," She smiled, drinking some for herself, gesturing for me to do the same. 

I took a breath, drinking some.

It tasted strangely sweet, yet bitter, with a bit of a metallic aftertaste.

"What is it? It's nice."

She smiled to herself, tasting some more, then turning to me.

"Sanguis Virginis."

"Virgin's blood?

Dimitrescu laughed, shaking her head gently.

"My family owned that brand of wine. I inherited it, along with this castle."

"Uhm," I hummed, drinking some more.

"I would ask you a favor, but I'm sure you'd be quick to turn it down."

"How can you be sure if you never ask?"

She took another sip, placing the empty glass down on the table in front of me, going to get a bottle and placing it on the table.

"Because it is a... strange request. Even for the likes of you,"
"Go on."

She sighed, adjusting her hat.

"Would you allow me to harvest some of your blood that could be put into wine?"

"Why would you want to add blood to wine?"

"... You seemed to like it well enough."

"I- wait, that had blood in it?"

"Why, of course. Makes it sweeter, takes the bitterness out a little, and gives it a... distinct taste."

"....human blood?"

"Well, no, unicorn blood, obviously. Of course, it was human."

I took a shaky breath.

"Why do you want mine?"

"Your's tastes... nicer than normal human blood."

"Ah. Well, I could give you some to try in one glass. I only have about five liters in me, probably even less now."

"So you can survive losing two and a half. Your body regenerates it after a while."

"Just try one. Okay?"

She smiled, rolling her eyes, taking my arm, slicing it open.

"Now? Don't you need to distill it or something?"

"No. I'll drink it like this."

"Fine."

I passed her my arm, her gently squeezing gently as some blood came out falling into the glass, her licking her lip at the sight, then forcing herself to look away.

After a moment, she pulled it away, licking the excess blood off my arm.

"Let's have a taste, shall we?" She gestured for me to move my glass for her to fill.

"I'm not drinking any. I won't like it," I insisted, shaking my head and furrowing my brows.

"You never know until you try," She teased, smiling, rolling her eyes, and putting a small bit into my glass.

"Drink up," She smiled.

"..Fine," I reluctantly agreed.

I took a sip, and I guess she was right. It tasted less bitter, and the aftertaste was gone.

I watched her drink the wine, tasting it for a moment, then looking back over to me.

"What do you think, dearest?"

"Similar to the other one, only without the aftertaste. What about you, dearest?" I asked in a mocking tone.

"Well, I thought that tasted wonderful," She smiled, drinking some more, placing her hand on top of mine.

"Now, what shall we do with this new information?"

"Nothing. Like I said. No more. I don't have enough."

"I'm sure it'd be easy enough to get out of you,"

"Try it, bit-"

She stopped me a moment before I could finish, her claws growing and slicing my arm more open than it already was.

"Pathetic. Be careful what you wish for."

"I- sorry,"

"That's it. Apologize. Sorry, who?"

"Sorry, Alcina,"

"Oh, so we're on a first-name basis all of a sudden? I said... Apologize."

She put her claws against my neck.

"I'm sorry, Lady Dimitrescu," 

"That's it. Wasn't difficult, was it?"

I sighed. "No."

"Good. Now, let us move on with the evening."