25 | Dinner

Harry took a deep breath then knocked on the door. With a bag of groceries and a bouquet of red roses in hand, he was ready. Or as ready as he'd ever be.

When it opened, his heart skipped a beat. Merlin, he loved her. A vision in a white dress. He cleared his throat and smiled. "Hello."

Ginny chewed on her bottom lip. Her hand gripped the doorframe. She almost didn't look happy to see him. Maybe this was a mistake. All his hard experiences kept him booted to that spot in the corridor rather than turning tail and running.

He swallowed and tried again. "Are you hungry?" He held the bag up.

Her gaze slid over the bag then she nodded and took a step back. When he passed her, his shoulder brushed against hers. She stiffened but didn't say anything. After a moment, she shut the door and leaned back against it. Her gaze caught on the floor.

"Ginny," he started.

She took a deep breath then pushed away from the door. "What're you cooking?"

He handed over the roses, and she smiled.

"Thank you." She took them and walked over to the table. It was set for two. She grabbed the golden vase and filled it with water.

Smiling, he walked into the kitchen behind her and placed the bag on the table. "I just need to heat it up."

"Heat up what?" she asked, putting the roses in the vase. She placed it on the table.

"I made Shepherd's Pie."

She pursed her lips and tilted her head. "That's my favorite."

He laughed. "I didn't need to ask anyone. I just remembered."

A small smile spilled onto her lips. "Of course you did."

He turned on the oven. She came up behind him and leaned against the counter. She watched him. And he got the feeling that she didn't know what do about him. In her flat or in her life. Truth was he didn't know either.

All he knew were his feelings for her.

"Would you like some wine? I have some Elderflower wine if you'd like some," she said softly.

He peeked over his shoulder. It seemed like she came to some decision. He took a deep breath. "I'd love that." He pushed up his glasses. "This shouldn't take too long."

"I can be patient." She poured the wine and handed one to him. "Did you make this yourself? No magic?"

He shrugged. "Most of the time, I find cooking without magic nice. I rarely do it, what with all the hours I spend at Headquarters, but for you, I'd cook all kinds of things."

She tried to cover her smile with a sip of her wine. The oven beeped, and he slipped in the Shepherd's Pie.

"It'll be ready soon," he said.

She walked over and filled up his glass then topped off her own. "Sit." She put her glass down and lifted her wand to the two candles on the table. She lit them.

A moment later, the oven beeped. "I'll get it." Ginny go up and the Shepherd's Pie floated over. Ginny sat down once it was on the table. She took a sip of wine. "It smells delicious."

His heart skipped a beat. The candles lit her up. She was quite the sight. "I hope you think it tastes good."

She chuckled. "I'm sure it's amazing." She reached across to serve herself but knocked over her wine glass. It spilled on the table and her white dress. She jumped to her feet. "Dammit!"