15 | Fyrefox

One night, the starry sky stretched out before Harry. He lay back on a blanket behind Hagrid's hut, feet from the Forbidden Forest, Ginny cuddled up against his side. She nuzzled her nose against his cheek, and he rolled over and kissed her. He pulled back and she followed, her eyes closed. It made him smile. He kissed her again.

This was more like how he wanted to spend his sixth year. Or how he should, anyway. Their time together was so precious to him, though it was difficult for them to find some time away. Alone. Busy with exams and his special meetings with Dumbledore made it nearly impossible. Nearly. He'd do anything to have time with her.

Tonight was a rare day. Both of them were free, and when it had gotten dark, they'd snuck out after Ron and Hermione and the rest of the castle went to sleep, the invisibility cloak over them. They'd hidden behind Hagrid's hut, where watchful eyes couldn't see. A little piece of heaven, away from everyone. He enjoyed it immensely.

"You never told me what form you'd take if you could be an animagus," she said a few minutes later when they were laid back on the blanket, looking up at the stars.

Harry grinned. It was an old conversation, one they'd had since he'd told her about his dad and the marauders. "I did," he said.

"No, you can't be a stag or a wolf or a dog," she told him, shaking her head. He rolled over and just stared at her. Merlin, how could someone be so beautiful? How was that fair? Her red hair fell over his arm, which she laid on, and onto the dark blanket. Bright like a flame. He reached over with his other hand and pulled on a strand. "Harry."

He sighed. "I don't know then. Never really thought about it."

She turned to him now too and looked through his glasses, into his eyes. She caressed his cheek, her fingers moving down to his lips. She pulled him over, and he was lost in the kiss, in her.

A few minutes later, they pulled apart. Harry fell back on the blanket, and pulled her closer to his side. She sighed. "What about you?" he asked.

"Hmm..?" She licked her lips.

He grabbed her hand and pulled it to his lips, kissing the palm softly. "If you were an animagus, what would you be?"

She licked her lips, looking at him. "I guess... maybe, I'd be a fox. A red fox, you know." She pointed to her hair.

He tilted his head. "I can see that."

"They're such sneaky, sly, beautiful creatures. I've always loved them," she said. Her eyes looked into his then shot out towards the Forbidden Forest. She was silent for a moment, biting her bottom lip then she sat up, gaze moving across the grounds then back at him. "I'm going to show you something, but you can't tell anyone. Especially Ron. He'd tell Mum, and I'll be grounded until I'm fifty."

He sat up too, eyebrows furrowed. Ron would never tell Mrs. Weasley something, but he wouldn't test Ginny's trust. Never. He nodded.

She licked her lips then started to lift her shirt.

His heart just about jumped out of his chest. She was taking off her clothes. No! He shut his eyes and grabbed her shoulder. Yes! His mind yelled.

"Ginny! What're you doing?" he whispered loudly.

She laughed. "It's okay, Harry. I promise not to traumatize your innocent eyes."

Innocent eyes. He snorted but opened his eyes, and his heartbeat skyrocketed. Ginny's soft, light, freckled skin was on view. She'd taken off her shirt and was sitting in front of him in a black bra. He gulped. It was dark against her skin and made him want to reach out and touch her. God, he'd never stop touching her. Why wasn't he touching her right now?