A Lavender Chanel Bag

It was a beautiful warm sunny day in New York City. The sky was a deep blue with many fluffy white clouds. A typical pleasant and rather happy day for the multitude of tourists rushing up and down Manhattan's Fifth Avenue to look at the various luxury stores in order to seek a good bargain.

It was a particularly happy day in J's heart, because her hand was clasped in his as they took an afternoon stroll down the Avenue

They were about to pass the Chanel Store when she stops abruptly. He looks at her curiously but without saying a word, because he has grown accustomed to her rather short attention span. He figured something has caught her eye.

And something did. She was studying a small Chanel Bag in lavender (one of her favorite colors). The seconds turned to a minute as she studied the bag, the color, the stitching, and the price tag... she has a great eye for detail and gravitates towards expensive things, but she grew up low income and couldn't really afford a lot of nicer things so she simply filed them in the back of her mind. Or saved images of them on Instagram. "Oh well," she thought, "looks like this one will suffer the same fate. I'm obviously not able to pay $4400! I don't even make that much in three months. Maybe one day I'll get a more expensive job..."

"You know I can get it for you." His nonchalant voice cuts through her distracted mind.

"Really?!" She looks up at him rather sheepishly, a lovely butterfly feeling in her belly. The thought of asking him to buy her the bag didn't even cross her mind. It was $4400! Three to four months of her wages! It would've been a burden to ask ANYONE to buy that for her. Anyway she's always done things herself due to embarrassment of asking for help. It may have stemmed from some acquaintances of the past and her toxic ex boyfriend who treated her nothing more than a burden.

"Are...are you sure?"

"Yeah! C'mon, J!"

He motions her to follow him, which she does, hesitantly

He motions her to follow him, which she does, hesitantly. After all, even though $4400 was about three months in wages for her, it was like only $44 for him. Chump change, no big deal.

***
"Give me the lavender bag, like the one in the window! Do you have that one?!" President Trump orders assertively in his typical way, while marching up to the counter.

The sales person, at first taken aback, blinks his eyes as the demand begins to makes sense in his mind.

"Yes, sir."

He bends down and pulls a bag from one of the drawers behind the counter, the same style as the one in the window, then presents it to the odd pair.

"Is this the one you want, J?" Trump asks while looking softy down at the girl by his side.

"Um yes, yes!" She exclaims bewildered, embarrassed.

He quickly pays for it, handing the attendant a black card and thanking him. After that, they walk away from the counter. She stops at a bench that people sit on for trying on shoes and places the black shopping bag on it. She was rather excited about this new gift so like a kid who was just bought cool new shoes at a store, she wanted to use it right then and there.

"Um...um, is it ok, is it ok if I use it now?" She asks shyly looking down at the black shopping bag that contains the bag.

"Sure! It's yours now, do whatever ya want!" He immediately exclaims with a little grin.

"Thank you!" She shyly exclaims as she sit down to extract the contents of her black mini Kanken backpack and into the mini Chanel purse.

He watches her patiently as she works on this.

"Boy you have a lot of stuff!" : P

"I know!" ><;

After filling up the small lavender bag with her belongings and putting it on her shoulder cross body style, she gets up and gives him the biggest hug, which he responds in kind.

"Thank you!"

"Anytime sweetheart!"